DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Smile My Vintage Repair

Hello,

I finally had the chance to pick up my watch! Wow! what a great job
    restoring it. I can't believe how it looks almost brand new and keeps
    great time. The work and time that it must of took to repair the
    hands. My compliments to the Watchmaker! Thanks again for the
    fantastic customer service and repair work. I can't wait to get my
    Doxa book in the mail! Best wishes and thanks again!

Sincerely,

Jay Riippi

DOXA forum moderator

Re: my testimonial...

Eric R. wrote on 4.14.2008

Thnks for the great customer service. If only Rolex and Panerai would be the same way...

Take care
    Eric

Re: my testimonial...

Thanks for the helpful info. Much appreciated. I love Doxa's; you make a great watch. I wear #160 of 250 in the 750T Caribbean Seahunter daily. It continues to keep time within COSC specs.

Best Regards,
    Michael

Vip

Re: Well received my Sharkhunter : Thank you Doxa !

i agree

DOXA forum moderator

Dear members, many questions were raised around DOXAs fixed rate EURO:USD exchange rate policy,

To start , PLEASE USE PAYPAL TO WORK AROUND THIS PROBLEM, PAYPAL DAILY RATE WILL APPLY" for your purchase.

Here are a few remarks about this crazy exchange rate problem that is plaging, not only DOXA, but also the entire Swiss watch industry and many other industries too; For 4 years, where the USD was stronger than the Euro, it was the other way round, that was back in 2001 to 2004, the fixed rate of 1:1.2 has given many European customers a bargain on DOXA watches and basically a discount averaging 25%. and please also consider that all other Swiss brands apply the same policy, but without advertising and being so straight forward about it, meaning you pay for a watch (without naming a specific brand), lets say $3000.00 in the US, and for the same you also pay €3000.00 in Europe, so basically the entire Swiss watch industry works with a factor 1:1. The same applies to electronics, another good example is apple or microsoft products, European automotive products etc.. most cost the same in USD as in Euros, which means that a 1:1 factor is utilized. At the end,

Please note that if you like to work around this exchange rate factor, all you need to do is to use paypal, this way , paypal exchange rate will apply.

Finally, DOXA is working on a multi currency website with equal rates in USD, Euro, GBP and Yen

Thank you for reading

DOXA watches inc.
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; December 12th, 2010 at 13:11.

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post
    Dear members, many questions were raised around DOXAs fixed rate EURO:USD exchange rate policy,

To start , PLEASE USE PAYPAL TO WORK AROUND THIS PROBLEM, PAYPAL DAILY RATE WILL APPLY" for your purchase.

Here are a few remarks about this crazy exchange rate problem that is plaging, not only DOXA, but also the entire Swiss watch industry and many other industries too; For 4 years, where the USD was stronger than the Euro, it was the other way round, that was back in 2001 to 2004, the fixed rate of 1:1.2 has given many European customers a bargain on DOXA watches and basically a discount averaging 25%. and please also consider that all other Swiss brands apply the same policy, but without advertising and being so straight forward about it, meaning you pay for a watch (without naming a specific brand), lets say $3000.00 in the US, and for the same you also pay €3000.00 in Europe, so basically the entire Swiss watch industry works with a factor 1:1. The same applies to electronics, another good example is apple or microsoft products, European automotive products etc.. most cost the same in USD as in Euros, which means that a 1:1 factor is utilized. At the end,

Please note that if you like to work around this exchange rate factor, all you need to do is to use paypal, this way , paypal exchange rate will apply.

Finally, DOXA is working on a multi currency website with equal rates in USD, Euro, GBP and Yen

Thank you for reading

DOXA watches inc.
    Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it
    Hidden Content

God Bless, Liz

Follow me on Instagram @squibby118

yes, thanks, seems fair enough to me-

Thank you for your prompt reply. You have been mosthelpful. I usually wear a Rolex Sea Dweller but had become familiar with theDoxa brand over the past few months and chanced across the Project Aware Sub1000t that I could not resist. I must say that I had read on some forums greatthings about Doxa`s and as soon as I opened the box I was not disappointed. Thequality seems very high grade and it is the most comfortable watch I have everworn. I think the Rolex might be getting considerably less wrist time in thefuture.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by jean-michel View Post
    Hi T Bone , long time since we haven't discussed :)

I use two different regulators , a classic two stage Aqualung Legend , but also this Aqualung Mistral : this is NOT a vintage regulator BUT the only double hose regulator available on the market right now , its main advantage is having the bubble on the back and of course it also gives this "vintage" look ;) : I love it

here is a picture of the "new mistral" close to its ancestor the classic mistral (the one on this pic is a 1964 model)

the old mistral was a single stage regulator : a fantastic piece , very simple and rugged , the new mistral is a modern two stages regulator with all you can expect from a modern one (hi pressure and mid pressure output , compatible with octopus, BC and pressuremeter ...)

and before you ask the question YES I also dive with the old one :) ... this old mistral you see on pic was bought by my father and I have done my very fist dive in the sea in 1973 with it

tech note : you can dive deep with modern rebrether , but of course thoses do not use pure oxygen but Nitrox (pure oxygen dive have a limit of about 14 meters) ... I plan to do a rebrether course in the future ;)

Cheers
    JM
    Rebreathers are the best way to dive deep, gas usage is not affected by depth as in open circuit, they are also good under ice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

He who dives with the most toys wins!

Doxa SUB 5000T Professional
    Omega Seamaster planet ocean professional, 2218.5
    Doxa SUB 300 T-Graph Professional, SS bezel
    Rolex Explorer ll, black face
    Rolex Daytona, white/yellow gold, white face
    On dive gear, Citizen Promaster Hyper Aqualand as a backup timer/depth gauge

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information