WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

my testimonial...

35K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  sean326 
#1 ·
Let me first apologize by waiting so long to send my thanks and appreciation out. It has been 3 months since I had my problem resolved and I have nothing but good things to say about Doxa. A true test of how good a company is how it deals with problems. Anybody can take your money and give you something for it. My watch is great and only leaves my wrist when I am at work ( then, its in my pocket ). Once again, thank-you Doxa for a great time piece. There will be other Doxa's in my future.

#2 ·
It's exciting when you…
  • visit www.doxa.ch
  • place the order for your Doxa Clive Cussler Sub 750T
  • receive notice from Doxa it's been shipped
  • track your package from Switzerland
  • receive it at your door in Miami
It's priceless when you…
  • take your Doxa to get sized at a watch store that claims to sell over 100 different brands, but not one Doxa
  • the german "watchmaker" walks over and praises your watch and your decision making ability
  • the salesperson is in awe
  • and two customers standing amid some historic watch brands ask you how to get a Doxa
All thanks to my beautiful girlfriend and Doxa…

I can't thank you enough.

Greg in Miami

#3 ·
gregfsu said:
It's exciting when you…
  • visit www.doxa.ch
  • place the order for your Doxa Clive Cussler Sub 750T
  • receive notice from Doxa it's been shipped
  • track your package from Switzerland
  • receive it at your door in Miami
It's priceless when you…
  • take your Doxa to get sized at a watch store that claims to sell over 100 different brands, but not one Doxa
  • the german "watchmaker" walks over and praises your watch and your decision making ability
  • the salesperson is in awe
  • and two customers standing amid some historic watch brands ask you how to get a Doxa
All thanks to my beautiful girlfriend and Doxa…

I can't thank you enough.

Greg in Miami
Hey Greg,

I am very glad that you are happy and it arrived by Friday...Happy Birthday!

John

#6 ·
New 750T owner

Hi Everyone

I just received a new 750T Professional from Doxa today. Just thought I'd post a quick message on my initial observations.

I am very happy with the watch. Although it is a reasonably big watch, it wears very well and doesn't feel at all as big as it's almost 45mm. I think this is due to the fact that the watch is not too long. It fits my 7 inch wrist very welll.

The watch feels really solid and the bracelet is great.

The lume on the hands appears to be excellent, but the markers don't seen to have quite as much lume on them. I will see how well they last over the course of the night.

The bezel has a nice smooth movement. The dot doesn't quite line up 100% at the 12 position, but it is very close.

Service from Doxa was excellent, and they were very quick to respond to my questions.

Shipping was also very quick, taking less than 4 days (excluding customs delays) to reach me on the coast of South Africa.

I will be diving in the Seychelles in a weeks time, and can't wait to try out my new SUB in its intended environment!

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,
Brett

#8 ·
Well received my Sharkhunter : Thank you Doxa !

Pictures worth 1000 words

and close to a vintage depth meter from La Spirotechnique

Thank you doxa for the excellent customer's service and the fast shipment , the watch was exactly on time as expected

be sure that as a diver my sharkie will see the real sea ... if anyone interested I might make a review of it giving the point of view after a diving summer

cheers
JM

#10 ·
Re: Well received my Sharkhunter : Thank you Doxa !

BruceS said:
Hi JM - I would be very interested to read your diving review of the watch! Take care my friend,
Bruce
Thanks Bruce , unfortunatly it arrives just two days late for a real diving test : I was in Bruxels this week end , diving in the deepest artifical diving pool in the world : -33 meters (108 feets)

here are some pics of my dive

it would have been the occasion of a good test ... hum I guess I must wait this summer to test it in the mediteranean sea or may be earlier in our Paris artificial diving pool , but the depth is only -15 meters (49 feets)

here is a picture of myself in this diving pool :

cheers
JM

#12 · (Edited)

JM, great pics as always (no surprise there). Congrats on the Sharkie, thinking of one for myself soon (undecided if PVD or not). Bought a 750T Professional last month and could not be happier.

Looking forward to the review.

A question on the regulator set up, is that a vintage single stage you are using? Only other thing (modern) I could imagine is a re-breather, and I don't think those usually go to those depths (?).

Thanks for posting!

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
One Happy Customer!!

Can dreams be filled by a monitary object?

Some may say no and they would be correct but at least one of my dreams was fullfilled by my New Doxa SeaRambler!!

Without getting into details or specifics of my particular problem I had as that may not be allowed here I have to say Doxa did the right thing. After contacting Doxa which took a couple of attemps and explaining my problem a couple of times and being firm a resolution was made without to much prodding on my part.

Doxa took care of everything free of charge to me and within three weeks from sending my watch I got it back. My concern was addressed and my problem fixed.

I had collected many $100-300 watches over the years and one slightly more expensive watch. I had always wanted a DOXA but never felt it was in reach because of the cost. I sold almost my entire watch collection to get my Doxa. I took watches which to me were not good for one reason or another and basically sold them and raised the funds I needed to get my Doxa. It took me a while and there was a time when I did not know if my dream would come to fruition. Eventually I made my desire a reality and have the Searambler #142 which now lies on my wrist.

It is a very satisfying(spelling) feeling to have succeeded at my goal and then to have a watch that I love every part of, which is flawless in design and execution.

So I am now even more elated to know that not only did I make the right choice to give up so many watches to have one great watch but I also know the company stands behind the product. They service the product in a timely manner. They complete their service with perfect accuracy.

This is my first Doxa and although a considerable expense on my salary not out of reach. When looking at the various fine watches out there actually an exceptional value. So it may take time for me to save up the funds to buy another, Doxa has made a customer for life. As a watch fanatic I will get another Doxa, now the question is which one?????

Robzilla:-! :-!

#16 ·

T Bone said:
A question on the regulator set up, is that a vintage single stage you are using? Only other thing (modern) I could imagine is a re-breather, and I don't think those usually go to those depths (?).

Thanks for posting!
Hi T Bone , long time since we haven't discussed :)

I use two different regulators , a classic two stage Aqualung Legend , but also this Aqualung Mistral : this is NOT a vintage regulator BUT the only double hose regulator available on the market right now , its main advantage is having the bubble on the back and of course it also gives this "vintage" look ;) : I love it

here is a picture of the "new mistral" close to its ancestor the classic mistral (the one on this pic is a 1964 model)

the old mistral was a single stage regulator : a fantastic piece , very simple and rugged , the new mistral is a modern two stages regulator with all you can expect from a modern one (hi pressure and mid pressure output , compatible with octopus, BC and pressuremeter ...)

and before you ask the question YES I also dive with the old one :) ... this old mistral you see on pic was bought by my father and I have done my very fist dive in the sea in 1973 with it

tech note : you can dive deep with modern rebrether , but of course thoses do not use pure oxygen but Nitrox (pure oxygen dive have a limit of about 14 meters) ... I plan to do a rebrether course in the future ;)

Cheers
JM

#39 ·

Hi T Bone , long time since we haven't discussed :)

I use two different regulators , a classic two stage Aqualung Legend , but also this Aqualung Mistral : this is NOT a vintage regulator BUT the only double hose regulator available on the market right now , its main advantage is having the bubble on the back and of course it also gives this "vintage" look ;) : I love it

here is a picture of the "new mistral" close to its ancestor the classic mistral (the one on this pic is a 1964 model)

the old mistral was a single stage regulator : a fantastic piece , very simple and rugged , the new mistral is a modern two stages regulator with all you can expect from a modern one (hi pressure and mid pressure output , compatible with octopus, BC and pressuremeter ...)

and before you ask the question YES I also dive with the old one :) ... this old mistral you see on pic was bought by my father and I have done my very fist dive in the sea in 1973 with it

tech note : you can dive deep with modern rebrether , but of course thoses do not use pure oxygen but Nitrox (pure oxygen dive have a limit of about 14 meters) ... I plan to do a rebrether course in the future ;)

Cheers
JM
Rebreathers are the best way to dive deep, gas usage is not affected by depth as in open circuit, they are also good under ice.

Attachments

#17 ·

siggy said:
great pics! was that pool specifically made for dive training?

regards

siggy
yes thoses two pools (the one in Bruxels and in Paris) are specially made for scuba diving training they are reserved to trained divers and free diving is forbiden
Cheers
JM

#19 ·

BruceS said:
Now that's what I call a training dive!!! Wow! :-!
I was preatty sure you would like it ;-)
have you in the US thoses diving pools ? , IMO that is an excellent diving "simulator" and very different than diving in a regular swimming pool where you do not have the effects of pressure
the diving pool is ideal for a training of the BC or the emergency procedures
I am training here with my wife :

cheers
JM

#23 ·
I am very new to Doxa and have yet received my new babe yet. The item is a preorder and I just did it a few days ago. :)

So far my experience with Doxa CS has been top notch. Doxa CS is stellar bar none. They are very response, genuine, knowleageable, and extremely helpful. My first experince could not be better. Thanks a lot John. |>

I have started telling WIS friends about Doxa and look forward to see many of them becoming big Doxa fans like I do.

I look forward for my new Doxa and learning all good stuff from the forum.

Cheers ;-)

#25 ·
Just a quick note on some great service from Doxa,i dropped them an e mail enquiring about a replacement DVD,i got

A reply by return and a DVD shipped at no charge,super,super service:-!

John and the team a big big thank you.

Martin

#26 ·
I Love my 750 T Professional on the GMT bracelet, :p have waited for so many years and finally pulled the trigger, John was great to deal with and I cant say enough about how happy I am. Orange is beautiful!|>
Regards
Robt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.