New DOXA SUB6000T to be released at Baselworld - Page 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New DOXA SUB6000T to be released at Baselworld

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: New DOXA SUB6000T to be released at Baselworld

Alas no COSC edition I've been told. :(

I'm torn between this 6000T (which looks like very similar to the old 5000T) and the 1500T, they kindly confirmed the case, bracelet and movement are the same, also the price is basically the same...

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    Alas no COSC edition I've been told. :(

I'm torn between this 6000T (which looks like very similar to the old 5000T) and the 1500T, they kindly confirmed the case, bracelet and movement are the same, also the price is basically the same...
    Yes, they're essentially the same watch except for dial and hands. From what I understand they bumped the depth rating on the 6000T, up from the 5000T/1500T by improving the gaskets. So it really just comes down to whether you want a more traditional look, or something with a bit more sparkle and higher lume output. I have both a 5000T Pro, and a 1500T Project Aware, and love them both. If I didn't already have a 5000T, the 6000T would definitely be on the list.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Yes, they're essentially the same watch except for dial and hands. From what I understand they bumped the depth rating on the 6000T, up from the 5000T/1500T by improving the gaskets. So it really just comes down to whether you want a more traditional look, or something with a bit more sparkle and higher lume output. I have both a 5000T Pro, and a 1500T Project Aware, and love them both. If I didn't already have a 5000T, the 6000T would definitely be on the list.
    Well, I don't have any Doxa, so for me it wouldn't be a problem, I must confess I find the traditional cross dial more "Doxa", on the other this is the latest model and I understand Doxa doesn't introduce new watches ofter, the price scissors between the various models is tiny, I think $200 between the 1200T and the 6000T, a COSC option would be ideal...decisions decisions decisions.

6000T Sharkhunter!!!
    laughinggull likes this.

Is the crystal domed or flat on the production pieces? I'm unable to tell for certain by the picture.

I really like it, although I can’t see much difference between the 5000 & this new model.

I sold my 5000 Sharkhunter, but kinda miss it because it was a nice watch. One thing that bothered me was the polished links in the bracelet; it just doesn’t “fit” with a tool watch, IMHO.

It really is a shame that there’s no COSC model, nor any other faces (a Caribbean blue would be a beauty!). Doxa, if you want to sell another, build me one of those & I’ll order it today!

A buddy who wears an Omega Seamaster Pro, and has been warming to my 1500 Professional, pulled the trigger on the 6000!
    I can't tell you how many people look at mine and ask: "What IS that Watch?"

He will be pleased with it I'm certain!

Quote Originally Posted by Stirling Moss View Post
    6000T Sharkhunter!!!
    Please, please, please!

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    A buddy who wears an Omega Seamaster Pro, and has been warming to my 1500 Professional, pulled the trigger on the 6000!
    I can't tell you how many people look at mine and ask: "What IS that Watch?"

He will be pleased with it I'm certain!
    I have to admit - when I was single - I got at least one conversation with a woman out of my Orange Doxa 1000T.

Whoa! Nice watch! I like the orange --> Yeah! It's a Doxa dive watch --> Oh, you dive? That's so cool! --> Thanks, just started. --> I've always wanted to try, you know. --> Oh! Well here's my dive shop, hope to see you there! --> Thanks! See you there. By the way, you REALLY remind me of my brother.
    sierra2kilo and gwold like this.
    Daily Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Fenix 3; Tissot PRS200

BT2
    I can't wait for this 6000t to arrive; was anticipating it sometime this week, but see that they will be shipping at the end of the month.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information