Please please DOXA... Can we have a SUB 300 Divingstar COSC..? - Page 2
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Please please DOXA... Can we have a SUB 300 Divingstar COSC..?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Please please DOXA... Can we have a SUB 300 Divingstar COSC..?

Please Doxa, we're in desperate need of a Divingstar!!
    Des2471 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Des2471 View Post
    As Cuthbert pointed out, I had in mind the SUB 300T Divingstar. It must be close to an important anniversary, for a reissue...

Picture below is borrowed from Dr Pete's doxa300t.com site (he, in turn, had borrowed the watch from some friends). I only use this picture as an illustration - mods, please remove it if I'm breaking any rules in posting it (never my intention!)

Attachment 12566137
    300 and 300T have the same case besides the larger bezel and crystal, right?

Therefore the tooling conversion from Sub300 anniversary to Sub300T anniversary shouldn't be too expensive for Doxa.

I re-iterate my case to have the BOR bracelet tapering to 18 mm and a better diver's extension and then the hypothetical Sub300T anniversary would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL_OH View Post
    There was no SUB 300 Divingstar, so it stands to reason that they won't do a 50th Anniversary reissue of a model that never existed.
    This is indeed true but is doesn't need to be sold as a reissue. Instead market it as righting a historic wrong:
    'After a 50 year wait Doxa are pleased to announce the new SUB300 divingstar.
    Building on the success of the 50th anniversary model we are thrilled to finally offer our customers the opportunity to buy this future classic...'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Des2471 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    300 and 300T have the same case besides the larger bezel and crystal, right?

Therefore the tooling conversion from Sub300 anniversary to Sub300T anniversary shouldn't be too expensive for Doxa.

I re-iterate my case to have the BOR bracelet tapering to 18 mm and a better diver's extension and then the hypothetical Sub300T anniversary would be perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by adg31 View Post
    This is indeed true but is doesn't need to be sold as a reissue. Instead market it as righting a historic wrong:
    'After a 50 year wait Doxa are pleased to announce the new SUB300 divingstar.
    Building on the success of the 50th anniversary model we are thrilled to finally offer our customers the opportunity to buy this future classic...'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree - either a sub300T anniversary or a new SUB300 based on the original Professional/Searambler/Sharkhunter of 50 years ago would be very welcome! And I'm sure it would be an instant classic (is that possible?). I'm certainly not an expert, but, as Cuthbert suggests, I don't think it would be too difficult to use the SUB300 50th case, if necessary with some modification (I personally would keep it as it is, but, sadly, it's not up to me!!)
    Last edited by Des2471; 1 Week Ago at 13:07.
    adg31 likes this.

A Divingstar in the smaller case like my 1200T with a BOR tapering bracelet with divers extension clasp. COSC. Take my money, I'll buy just as soon as it is available for preorder.
    Shred2001 and Des2471 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information