Recommendation for Third Party Doxa Repair? - Page 2

Thread: Recommendation for Third Party Doxa Repair?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Recommendation for Third Party Doxa Repair?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowback View Post
    No affiliation, just a very satisfied customer. I highly recommend Al Jenskey from Archer Watches (www.archerwatches.com). I just had my 600T serviced & coincidently, crown replaced. Al completed the work FAST & I couldn't be happier. He's with you every step of the way & answers his emails very fast. With my service, he sent a cd with a 50 page report of the work from start to finish (tons of crystal clear pictures for those of us who might be challenged with technical write ups!). I had to wait about 10 extra days because of the delivery time of the crown from Doxa, but it was well worth it. You might be in luck because I think Al ordered extra crowns when he ordered mine, so, depending on how busy he is, you might be very surprised at how fast the work can be done. Drop him a line & see what he says; I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm sure you'll hear the same about Al from others. Good luck & let us know how it turns out. Oh yeah, don't forget he can't do anything about the price of parts from Doxa, but I think you'll find his labor costs are more than fair.

Hello,

I think the link above may be wrong.
    Archer Watches link is ArcherWatches.ca

Also, he has a very interesting blog!!!
    He shows his servicing of a Doxa 600t movement here:
    Servicing a Doxa dive watch « Archer Watches Blog

Pretty Cool!!!
    B.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional, 3570.5....!
    The one and only MoonWatch!! Hidden Content
    Omega 2220.8 SMP Hidden Content Luv it!
    MM300, Iconic Seiko Diver Hidden Content
    Doxa 1200t Pro Hidden Content Luv it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon211 View Post
    Thanks nerve, actually it was the US service center in LA that has the back log. A few months they said. It was customer service that said that they would provide the parts if I had a good watchmaker in mind.

Deacon
    Some how i missed that part of op. Good luck finding a qualified watch maker, and be sure to let us know the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster300 View Post
    I think the link above may be wrong.
    Archer Watches link is ArcherWatches.ca
    My bad & nice catch! I was just getting off a 12 hour midnight shift & had the ".com" auto muscle kick in. Thanks for making that correction.

Quote Originally Posted by nervexpro55 View Post
    Some how i missed that part of op. Good luck finding a qualified watch maker, and be sure to let us know the outcome.
    No worries! I've already written Al and he responded right back. I'm planning to sent her off here shortly. I appreciate all the recommendations!

Deacon
    Rolex: Deep Sea V/Submariner ND M/Submariner-C G/GMT Master II Coke Y
    Omega: Speedmaster Quartz X-33
    Omega: Seamaster 2254.5/GMT 2234.50/SM 300
    Doxa 1500T Professional
    Panerai: PAM111
    Sinn: Hydro UX
    Seiko: SBBN015 Quartz Tuna
    Seiko: SKX007 Jake's Black Bay mod
    MKII: LRRP No Date MilSub
    Vostok: Black "Scuba Dude"
    Citizen: Promaster NY0040-09W

I have had several watches fixed/restored with Al/Archer Watches, and all work has been fantastic. These were not easy repairs, either-a restoration of a vintage Omega Seamaster 300 (14755-61), and a Sub 300 (no "T"). He also managed to service/resurrect a vintage Bulova Snorkel for me. I consider him a friend, and he's always been very responsive with emails. He also sends pics of the restoration, and his prices are really fair.

I would send him any of my watches without hesitation. In fact, I'm thinking now of which ones to send him...
    --
    "What you think, you become"

-Buddha

my current collection: '68 Tudor Sub-military, '83 Rolex Seadweller 16660 (matte dial), '62 Rolex Zephyr, Doxa Sub 300T Professional Reissue, Doxa Divingstar 750 GMT, Omega Flightmaster c911, Omega Seamaster 300/date, Omega PloProf 1200, Omega PO Chrono c9300, Seiko MarineMaster 300M, ZRC Etanche Grand Fondes reissue, B&R BR-02, Seiko Scubamaster M726, Helson Sharkmaster Destro, MeisterSinger Scrypto

How much should I expect to pay for a spare crown? Mine is on its way...it look like a VERY common issue with SUBs.

Moving forward to 2017, are you guys getting great DOXA service in the US, Canada? I can't seem to contact Archer Watches..

Thanks, guys

Quote Originally Posted by reeder1 View Post
    Moving forward to 2017, are you guys getting great DOXA service in the US, Canada? I can't seem to contact Archer Watches..
    For reissued (newer) Doxas, you can contact Doxa directly. In the US, Doxa has referred me to their authorized service center in Los Angeles. Serviced Doxa 600t is running fine, took about 6 weeks.

In late 2015 I had a pair of vintage Doxa/Aqua Lung watches serviced by Jack at IWW. Does nice work and is always busy.

Hope that helps!

I sent in my 2002 300 reissue about a month ago to Doxa service in Hayes Virginia. I got a confirmation email telling me they'd got it and would contact me but haven't heard anything. I have sent 2 emails since. I'm beginning to worry I've been scammed.
    DOXA 1976 SUB 300T Sharkhunter Synchron 2nd gen. (push-in crown)
    DOXA 2002 SUB 300T Pro reissue 927/1000
    "Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life" --Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College, 1962

I sent in my 2002 300 reissue about a month ago to Doxa service in Hayes Virginia. I got a confirmation email telling me they'd got it and would contact me but haven't heard anything. I have sent 2 emails since without reply. I'm beginning to worry I've been scammed.
    Last edited by SurferD; April 16th, 2017 at 21:18.
    DOXA 1976 SUB 300T Sharkhunter Synchron 2nd gen. (push-in crown)
    DOXA 2002 SUB 300T Pro reissue 927/1000
    "Fat, Drunk, and Stupid is no way to go through life" --Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College, 1962

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast