Thinking about buying my first Doxa
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Thinking about buying my first Doxa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking about buying my first Doxa

I have smaller wrists so looks like there are only a couple that are of a reasonable case size (SUB 1200T, SUB 300T), but the SUB 800Ti could probably be an option as well since I'm guessing it is really light weight. Any recommendations?

Re: Thinking about buying my first Doxa

I have an 8-1/4" wrist and I love my 1200T. It would look great on a smaller wrist also.

Good to know. I just noticed that the dial diameters are quite a bit smaller than divers that don't have a cushion case.

in the woods on a river--Western MA...USA

.....I'm in the same situation...I've been contemplating a DOXA. I think there are really cool...good looking...quality time pieces. I think it would be a nice exclamation point on my auto divers. I'm really for a yellow...that may be difficult. I'm a patient man....the world is a pretty big place...eventually I will be satisfied. You must avoid a substitute.....if it's a DOXA you want.....the chase is on . Good luck!!
    CURRENT ROTATION :: ​fuhgeddaboudit !!333***** silence is powerful...listen and learn ***** 3

The sub800ti fits great on my smallish wrist. As you said the lesser weight is nice and the bracelet is great with its easy adjustability.
    Doxa Sub 800TI

For your introduction to Doxa, I think a 50th Anniversary Sub 300 would be ideal. All three flavors (Professional, Sharkhunter and Searambler) can be found here.
    Vlciudoli likes this.

I have a 6.75-7inch wrist. I love the classic sized 1200T, but feel equally fine with my M31 (same case as the 800Ti). Back when I felt I had to have one and went through the 750, the 300t reissue (bike chain bracelet), the 600t.... Now I feel comfortable wearing both sizes just fine. I think it is all about what you are used to and what you can get used to. Now I wear watches from 34mm up to 45mm, all on the same day (though not at the same time :) )

I've actually seen a yellow Divingstar 300T available on some dealer sites. They are expensive no doubt (~$5k).

What killed me was when I saw an HV Conquistador available on ebay two weeks ago. I blinked, and it was gone. It was from my home-town of Houston as well. Oh well, better luck next time.

pley3r, I know that the lumed bezel pip is a little tritium gas tube, but is there a sapphire glass that protects it? If you slipped on a dive boat deck and impacted the watch on something like the gunwale of the boat, it would be problematic if the tritium tube could be smashed (even though the amount of tritium is obviously very small). Please let me know - thanks!

perfectlykevin, thanks for the feedback. I really need to measure my wrist... but I can say that my sweet spot for wearability is 38mm - 42mm generally. My 42 mm Omega Speedmaster Professional looks big on my wrist, but not outlandishly so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information