Help?
    Laso1 likes this.
    1990 Roamer 200m diver, Quartz
    1991 Tag Heuer GMT quartz
    1998 Omega Seamaster SMP SOLD
    1999 Rolex Submariner date. The one.
    2007 Omega Planet Ocean XL on rubber, SOLD in 2016
    2010 Seiko Monster Black Seiko Monster Orange, Strela mechanical
    2011 Skyland Avenger Blacksteel SOLD Rolex Daytona stainless ( for three days...) Rolex Explorer 2 bought from a friend in 2011, SOLD back to the same guy in 2013!
    2012 Rolex Explorer. Nice, understated watch for any occasion.
    2013 Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal Limited Edition Omega SMP , 1999 model Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 2500D on bracelet
    2014 Skagen ..why? Obris Morgan Predata, black as can be..Helberg CH6. Stainless with stainless bezel, SOLD Obris Morgan Predata, blasted finish Raven Deeptech, SOLD, Bombfrog SOLD
    2015 Steinhart Ocean Black. Unreliable.
    2016 Steinhart T500. Unreliable
    2017 Bulova Moonwatch, 2017. SOLD to a man in Estonia.Doxa 1200T Caribbean, Longines Legend Diver, date. Seiko Turtle, Pepsi/Rubber, Seiko Turtle PADI.

Re: Why only one page of threads?

Doxa is a company that was resurrected and makes 6 different watches that look very similar with 3 to 6 color variations with Swiss movements. At one time they targeted the small market of professional divers. They are not well known to the public (outside of Clive Cussler fans). IMHO they are very nice well built watches and well under they radar. They are not marketed well to the public and have a limited distribution network. They have a rich history and have made some noted contributions to the houralogical community. I like mine very much, it is a great watch.
    Last edited by Laso1; March 26th, 2017 at 03:18.
    Des2471 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laso1 View Post
    Doxa is a company that was resurrected and makes 6 different watches that look very similar with 3 to 6 color variations with Swiss movements. At one time they targeted the small market of professional divers. They are not well known to the public (outside of Clive Cussler fans). IMHO they are very nice well built watches and well under they radar. They are not marketed well to the public and have a limited distribution network. They have a rich history and have made some noted contributions to the houralogical community. I like mine very much, it is a great watch.
    I entirely agree. They make really good watches. Mainly sold directly online from the factory - which I think is the best option if buying new - although I think there are some retailers now distributing them in North America and UK (where I am) - and maybe in other parts of the world?

Personally, I have found DOXA customer care to be excellent and second to none. Like many DOXA first time buyers, tempted to pick up more DOXAs!

PS. I think that, although there only appears to be one page of threads, opening some opens other pages of thread (e.g. DOXA wrist shots). I think there may also be a DOXA section in the dive watch forums
    Last edited by Des2471; March 26th, 2017 at 04:01.

Why only one page of threads?

Bottom of page, Thread Display Options >"show threads from the..." >then click the drop-down box and change last month to last year> click the Show Threads box on right side...more pages

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kinesis; March 26th, 2017 at 16:37.
    Des2471 and Vlciudoli like this.

Thanks for this tip.

Every other forum I visit here has this already et up for me. One Doxa was restricting my viewing. Weird.
    1990 Roamer 200m diver, Quartz
    1991 Tag Heuer GMT quartz
    1998 Omega Seamaster SMP SOLD
    1999 Rolex Submariner date. The one.
    2007 Omega Planet Ocean XL on rubber, SOLD in 2016
    2010 Seiko Monster Black Seiko Monster Orange, Strela mechanical
    2011 Skyland Avenger Blacksteel SOLD Rolex Daytona stainless ( for three days...) Rolex Explorer 2 bought from a friend in 2011, SOLD back to the same guy in 2013!
    2012 Rolex Explorer. Nice, understated watch for any occasion.
    2013 Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal Limited Edition Omega SMP , 1999 model Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 2500D on bracelet
    2014 Skagen ..why? Obris Morgan Predata, black as can be..Helberg CH6. Stainless with stainless bezel, SOLD Obris Morgan Predata, blasted finish Raven Deeptech, SOLD, Bombfrog SOLD
    2015 Steinhart Ocean Black. Unreliable.
    2016 Steinhart T500. Unreliable
    2017 Bulova Moonwatch, 2017. SOLD to a man in Estonia.Doxa 1200T Caribbean, Longines Legend Diver, date. Seiko Turtle, Pepsi/Rubber, Seiko Turtle PADI.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laso1 View Post
    Just to clarify, the Sub was resurrected after a 15 year hiatus, but DOXA has been consistently making watches since 1889. They also make other models, in addition to the Sub, but these models are primarily sold in Asian and Eastern European markets.
    Vlciudoli and Des2471 like this.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    Just to clarify, the Sub was resurrected after a 15 year hiatus, but DOXA has been consistently making watches since 1889. They also make other models, in addition to the Sub, but these models are primarily sold in Asian and Eastern European markets.
    I stand corrected, I am use to the limited selection here in the U.S., and you are correct about the Asian and Eastern European markets.

Thread Information