WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Report from the 1st Watch 2014 - Salon de la Haute Horlogerie

46K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  StufflerMike 
#1 · (Edited)

Today I visited Watch 2014. It was held in the Okura Hotel in Amsterdam in a 1000 square meter hall. The scenery reminded me of the SIHH, and that was exactly what the organization had in mind. A luxury setting with fine finger foods, Champagne, fine wines, juices and refreshing waters. In the middle of the hall there was a pre-producting of the BMW 435i Gran Coupe. A perfect match imo.

Due to the setting of all the brands the visitor really got enough space and room to see all the watches and have a chat with the representatives of the brands and Schaap & Citroen, one of the leading jewelers in The Netherlands. As far as I'm concerned I'm ready for Watch 2015.

Below are some pictures to give you an idea of the excellent atmosphere:

And a movie I shot from the Hermés Dressage l'heure masque. What a cool feature that is!

This watch features a hidden hour hand that shows up when you push the integrated pusher in the crown of the watch. In this video the pusher is pushed with care to show that the hour spins round before showing the hour. With a normal push it is hard to see the hand go round with the naked eye. The speed is simply stunning. On the left of the case is a big pusher to change the GMT time. Cool watch to play with!

And a video (taken with my iPhone) of the Baume et Mercier Clifton 10149 with retrograde date and power reserve. What a beauty!

The pictures I took of some of the watches (too many to cover them all, arrgghhh .... )

See less See more
2 16
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.