Thread: AD Tactical on KWC rubber dive strap..... perfect!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GGD

AD Tactical on KWC rubber dive strap..... perfect!!!

Hey guys & girls -

the KWC rubber dive strap for the Arctic Diver Tac arrived today!!

It's fantastic, one of the best quality rubber dive straps I've ever had.

The rubber itself is the perfect combination of being soft / pliable to be comfortable but still has a decent amount of thickness / body to it so that it holds it's shape and keeps the watch head sitting on the wrist and not sliding off to the side

A word of warning though..... I completely destroyed one set of screwbars trying to fit it (fortunately I had anticipated that this might be an issue so I ordered a back-up set with the strap..... lucky or else I'd be going off my head now).

The hole in the rubber for the screwbars is so tight that it ended up getting stuck half way thru and when I tried to get it out to come up with another plan I snapped it in half

After I stopped swearing and calmed down I used a very small drill bit to clean out the rubber holes and this made things a million times easier.

Second go around, it fitted no problems at all

So anyway, here's a few Q & D pics for anyone who's interested. I highly recommend this strap for your AD or LSD..... I don't see myself swapping it out anytime soon. Really nice work by KWC

I think it's hard to beat a rubber strap that is a custom fit to the watch.... it just looks awesome!!!

Cheers.

Re: AD Tactical on KWC rubber dive strap..... perfect!!!

Don, that is so awesome! Great foresight in your part! I've always had issues with the screwbar on almost every Kobold.

This is the most clear pics I've seen of the rubber strap. Looks really good and as you mentioned thick. Does it taper?
    -luke

That is one great looking strap. I wouldn't have the patience to drill out the holes. I'd just go with spring bars.
    Last edited by aikiman44; December 21st, 2009 at 21:19.
    "Gentlemen, we should synchronize our watches."

GGD

Thanks Luke -

yeah it does taper a bit.... but it's very subtle so as to not be noticeable. The actual rubber strap tapers from 24mm at the lugs down to 22mm, but the buckle and the keepers are almost 26mm at the outer edge so it looks very solid!

I think Kobold have done a great job with this strap. It's exactly what I was hoping for, and rivals the rubber strap that Doxa use on the 750T series as being my all-time favourite rubber strap.

The only thing that would make it better was if it had a large deployant similar to the Sinn U series straps but even so, it's pretty damn awesome

If anyone has been on the fence about getting one for their AD / LSD and you like rubber dive straps I'd jump all over it.

Cheers!

Lord Vader, your Arctic Diver is ready...

Day-um... That is the business, all right; good work, Don!

Regards,
    Adam
    Contemporary: AP Forged Carbon Diver, AP Royal Oak ref. 15202, Blancpain Fifty-Fathoms Bathyscaphe Ti, IWC Ingenieur ref. 3227-01, IWC Top Gun Big Pilot Perpetual Calendar, JLC Navy SEALs Diving Alarm Incursion, JLC Tribute to 1931 Reverso US Edition, Panerai 372, Rolex DSSD, Rolex Submariner 16800 matte-dial, Seiko SSC021, Sinn 142S
    Vintage: Doxa, Omega Seamaster DeVille, Tudor Submariner 9401/0 "Blue Snowflake", Benrus/Bulova/Elgin
    G-Shock: DW-5530C "Resist Black", DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5700BE "BEAMS 20th Anniversary", DW-6900MT-7ER "Be@rbrick", DW-6900CL-4CR "Clot", DW-6900KR-8JR "Krink",
    DW-6900FS "Ultraseven 45th Anniversary", DW-6901UD-3ER "Undefeated", 9100BJ-2A "Riseman", GA-110DR-1A "Dee and Ricky", GA-111DR-7A "Dee and Ricky", GA-120BB "Tyko Moon", GD-X6900MNM "Eminem", GD-X6900MH "Maharishi", GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GT-000, GW-5000-1JF, GW-9400-1ER & 3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR "Lightning Yellow", GWM-5600TH-1 "The Hundreds", GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF

Quote Originally Posted by GGD View Post
    A word of warning though..... I completely destroyed one set of screwbars trying to fit it (fortunately I had anticipated that this might be an issue so I ordered a back-up set with the strap..... lucky or else I'd be going off my head now).

The hole in the rubber for the screwbars is so tight that it ended up getting stuck half way thru and when I tried to get it out to come up with another plan I snapped it in half
    Yeah, it was a very tight fit. I pushed the screw bar through the strap a couple of times when the strap wasn't on the watch to try and loosen things up a bit. I also made everything wet and that seemed to help a bit. I too would have been unhappy if the screw bar broke...

It is a very nice looking strap that goes well with the AD (and LSD.) I only wish it were a bit longer...

Donna, that thing looks awesome on Kobold rubber!! Great choice and enjoy that bad-boy!

Trevor

That is one awesome looking rubber dive strap. Reminds me of the strap on my Planet Ocean, fitted ends and the little tabs that hold the first keeper in place. I really like the heavy duty buckle, matches the rest of the strap and watch well.

I wish they made a similar strap for the SEAL; it would have made me think twice of selling mines.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, those are the nicest pictures yet of the AD rubber strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek N View Post

I wish they made a similar strap for the SEAL; it would have made me think twice of selling mines.
    Derek, they are making one for the SEAL. They are to release them very soon I understand.
    Rob

Omega SMP 300M
    Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine
    Kobold SEAL, SOA, Arctic Diver, SMG-1, Phantom BO, PS RF Edition
    PAM 328L

Banned

Great shots and they do match your watch perfectly./ A super combo!
    If you don't mind taking shots of the ends of the strap, where they meet the case, next time you take your strap off, I would appreciate it - I assume, like the Sinn rubber, there are metal or some kind of stiff material support in the ends?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information