WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Anyone wearing a Kobold today?

60K views 364 replies 75 participants last post by  KA4993 
#1 ·
#274 ·
Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Watch Strap
Hey mate. I recently also put a NATO 'Bond' Strap on mine and it really suits the watch.
Do you happen to have any idea what movement this watch has? I bought mine second hand and not withstanding that i paid WAY WAY 'did i mention' WAY too much for it, i like the way it looks. I also tried asking Kobold about the watch and after a very very long wait, i got a rather vague response. Its a damn shame that Kobold is taking such a hit in the public profile as they have a lot of potential. I think someone in this post later on mentioned that they are really poor with promoting the 'technical' elements/benefits of the watch. I totally agree. Anyway, any info you could provide on the watch would be very appreciated.

#27 ·
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

Just got back from service, had the original bezel changed to a fixed blank bezel, brushed crown, new arctic blue dial, and swapped out the rubber strap which didn't fit to a GSD made leather strap with dark grey/blue-ish stitching.

uniform brushed finish on all the stainless steel parts make it look a lot better since there's a bunch of colors going on with this piece.

#28 ·
View attachment 2423761

Just got back from service, had the original bezel changed to a fixed blank bezel, brushed crown, new arctic blue dial, and swapped out the rubber strap which didn't fit to a GSD made leather strap with dark grey/blue-ish stitching.

uniform brushed finish on all the stainless steel parts make it look a lot better since there's a bunch of colors going on with this piece.
You gotta be kidding me. I'm still waiting on my Kobold to arrive and it looks exactly like yours. I think Brian called it the "Avant Garde." DLC case and lugs, blue dial and the bezel just like yours. Mine will have a burgundy rubber strap. I'll post a pic of it when it comes in. Nice pic of an awesome watch. That bezel really sets it apart.

#29 ·
Cool, post pics of yours when it arrives! Pretty satisfied with mine now. Mine arrived as a standard Soarway GMT Avant-Garde when I first got it but it had some issues and I didn't like the case finish. They did me a favor modifying other parts of the watch when they were fixing issues under warranty. Glad I ordered when they were all still under a 3 yr standard warranty.

#33 ·
pretty much all their larger size current models have loose bezels with some play in them. However I am not sure if that is the case with their 41mm and smaller cases.

any fixed bezel will not have any play in it since you cannot rotate it anyways. However if it isn't sealed/fixed in place well it could just straight up pop off. Happened once on an old SoA but they said that was uncommon, the fixed bezels are supposed to be really tough to remove even for them when they service them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.