Thread: IWC Deployment Clasp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IWC Deployment Clasp

I am looking to purchase the IWC Pilot Chrono 3717 on a strap. I know the watch has a tang buckle but will probably get the IWC deployment as I don't really care for tang buckles. My question is I have heard that the deployment clasp is not too comfortable and that it digs into your wrist. I have also heard of the price which is kinda outrageous just for a deployment. I don't want to have to order one then get stuck with something that isn't comfortable. Anyone have any issues with there clasp? Is there any place that sells them cheaper or if there are any good aftermarket ones.

Re: IWC Deployment Clasp

It is only uncomfortable if you have a small wrist since it is a single fold. I made this post about single-fold deployants not being too friendly to the smaller wrists. Single-Fold Deploayants Not for Small Wrists

Some came up with a solution but to some, it will never be.

As for the price, I have been quoted upwards of $400+ for the deployment alone so take that into consideration.
    Probus Scafusia

Quote Originally Posted by NightScar View Post
    It is only uncomfortable if you have a small wrist since it is a single fold. I made this post about single-fold deployants not being too friendly to the smaller wrists. Single-Fold Deploayants Not for Small Wrists

Some came up with a solution but to some, it will never be.

As for the price, I have been quoted upwards of $400+ for the deployment alone so take that into consideration.
    If I buy an IWC (or any other watch on leather straps) I'd really want to go with the deployment clasp, too. The AD told me that the one from IWC would cost around $250 or so. I thought that was quite steep for just a clasp. But you're saying the aftermarket ones are nearly twice that?

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    If I buy an IWC (or any other watch on leather straps) I'd really want to go with the deployment clasp, too. The AD told me that the one from IWC would cost around $250 or so. I thought that was quite steep for just a clasp. But you're saying the aftermarket ones are nearly twice that?
    Not aftermarket, but an IWC original single fold deployant. I have been qouted both from my AD and a forum sponsor here that could get it and both has qouted me $400+ for just the deployant.
    Probus Scafusia

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    I am looking to purchase the IWC Pilot Chrono 3717 on a strap. I know the watch has a tang buckle but will probably get the IWC deployment as I don't really care for tang buckles. My question is I have heard that the deployment clasp is not too comfortable and that it digs into your wrist. I have also heard of the price which is kinda outrageous just for a deployment. I don't want to have to order one then get stuck with something that isn't comfortable. Anyone have any issues with there clasp? Is there any place that sells them cheaper or if there are any good aftermarket ones.
    Dear Sir,

I purchased an IWC development clasp last week and I feel the benefits are it saves the leather strap from becoming warn more quickly, it releases the watch strap a lot faster and it sets off the watch a lot better. I must say that I have no problem with the developing clasp on my wrist and the quality of the clasp is outstanding. As you are aware, they are expensive my one was 260 retail price but I got it for 200 as I had recently purchaed my IWC watch. That is my advice and it also feels that the watch is more secure on your wrist that the tang buckle.

Pssst: It's called a deployant clasp.
    Question your desires,
    Know of your youth,
    examine well your blood . . . .

William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream, 1, 1, 67

I have the IWC Portuguese. I purchased the Deployant buckle because they look fantastic and it's easier to put on and off.

I recently changed back to the original buckle. You are correct - the deployant clasp is not that comfortable - it misshapes the watch band while on your wrist - since it's not a dual deployant but a single.

The biggest reason I switched back is my computer. The clasp is large, digs into your wrist when your wrist is rested (on your keyboard).

If you don't type much and don't spend much time near a keyboard - get the Deployant - it looks awesome. If you type often - skip it - you'll regret it or you'll take your watch on and off all day.

i don't own an iwc deployant, so i don't know if their comfortable or not. i was at the iwc boutique in beverlly hills recently. i asked if they had a deployant for my big inge in stock. they had one and i was so excited, that i said i would take it. so, i go to the register thinking it was somewhere around $200 to $250. i would have probably excepted $300 to. so, the guy says "that'll be $450." i just told the guy to have a good day lol.
    as much as i love iwc, i've learned a valuable lesson over the years. when it comes to iwc, make sure you get any accessory with any watch, with the actual watch purchase. iwc accessories by them self are just over the top. out of all the high end brands i own, iwc definitely charges the most for accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by shotblock View Post
    I have the IWC Portuguese. I purchased the Deployant buckle because they look fantastic and it's easier to put on and off.

I recently changed back to the original buckle. You are correct - the deployant clasp is not that comfortable - it misshapes the watch band while on your wrist - since it's not a dual deployant but a single.

The biggest reason I switched back is my computer. The clasp is large, digs into your wrist when your wrist is rested (on your keyboard).

If you don't type much and don't spend much time near a keyboard - get the Deployant - it looks awesome. If you type often - skip it - you'll regret it or you'll take your watch on and off all day.
    How much is the IWC deployment clasp, if I may ask?

(by the way, welcome to the forum!)

Quote Originally Posted by hankr37 View Post
    i don't own an iwc deployant, so i don't know if their comfortable or not. i was at the iwc boutique in beverlly hills recently. i asked if they had a deployant for my big inge in stock. they had one and i was so excited, that i said i would take it. so, i go to the register thinking it was somewhere around $200 to $250. i would have probably excepted $300 to. so, the guy says "that'll be $450." i just told the guy to have a good day lol.
    as much as i love iwc, i've learned a valuable lesson over the years. when it comes to iwc, make sure you get any accessory with any watch, with the actual watch purchase. iwc accessories by them self are just over the top. out of all the high end brands i own, iwc definitely charges the most for accessories.
    I think that goes for any of the "luxury" brands these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information