Any experience with Swatch Group servicing for Hamilton?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Any experience with Swatch Group servicing for Hamilton?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any experience with Swatch Group servicing for Hamilton?

My Jazzmaster is in need of a repair/servicing, which is disappointing since it's only a little over a year old. Good news is I bought it from an AD and is still under warranty.

I am sending it in to Swatch Group to have it fixed and am wondering if anyone has had any experience with their service centers. Good experience? How long did it take? Were there additional costs associated with the warranty repair?

Thanks.
    Autos: Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date * Christopher Ward Trident 600 Vintage * Modded Seiko SKX007 * Orient Blue Ray v1
    Digital: G-Shock G2900-1A
    Quartz: VSA Summit XLT / Original Grain Sixty40 on C&B leather
    Previously owned: Squale 1545 Militaire / Hamilton Khaki Field 38mm / Stock SKX007 / Orient Pepsi Mako, Black Ray, and Defender / Casio Edifice / Seiko SNZG15 / Maratac Mid-Pilot

Re: Any experience with Swatch Group servicing for Hamilton?

One thing to expect is for it to take 4-5 weeks. This is for them to regulate the timing properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would make sense. Thank you. I am guessing they'll probably just replace the whole movement rather than fixing it.
    Autos: Hamilton Jazzmaster Day/Date * Christopher Ward Trident 600 Vintage * Modded Seiko SKX007 * Orient Blue Ray v1
    Previously owned: Squale 1545 Militaire / Hamilton Khaki Field 38mm / Stock SKX007 / Orient Pepsi Mako, Black Ray, and Defender / Casio Edifice / Seiko SNZG15 / Maratac Mid-Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Rice and Gravy View Post
    That would make sense. Thank you. I am guessing they'll probably just replace the whole movement rather than fixing it.
    It's quite possible they'll just swap it out depending what the problem is. Only COSC movts have serial numbers that match the watch case so they would definitely be repaired.

Very similar experience, I posted my results awhile back so I'll copy/paste the relevant parts here and include the link to my post so you can see pictures of what I received back. Good luck OP.

I have a Jazzmaster Maestro Auto Chrono that's about 1.5 years old. I work in a lab and I use the chrono feature to time experiments. About a month ago I noticed my center-sweep and no longer reset to the 12 o'clock position. Playing with it more only made it reset further and further away from 12. I decided to contact Swatch as I am still within my 2 year warranty and they directed me to send it in to a SGUS watch repair in Culver City, I live in San Diego. I sent my watch on Jan 10th and I received it back today, Feb 10th. I thought it would be a quick fix to reset the hand, but I prepared for a long wait. I was surprised to read on my service report (which I checked electronically each day as the SGUS center updated it daily) that the diagnosis was a malfunctioning winding system and I was getting a complete maintenance service. I was even more surprised to see the expected return date was Feb. 27 but I received it back in less than half the projected time.

My experience was fantastic, seeing as how I got a full service covered under warranty as well as a nifty little case my watch was returned in. Just thought I'd provide another user's experience. My watch is pretty current so its possible they had the parts needed in ready supply.

Servicing a Jazzmaster auto chrono

Thank you so much for you comments and that information. That is definitely encouraging and I hope I have a similar experience. The watch was received at SGUS yesterday so hopefully I'll get an update from them in the near future.

Good morning everyone

I already received the diagnosis and estimate of service.

- Foreign objects detected in the movement.
    - The time-setting system is malfunctioning.
    - The winding mechanism is malfunctioning.

Complete maintenance service will be performed and covered under warranty.

They've also told me they can refinish the case for $40. Here's a picture of the case.

The scratches you see occurred while on my honeymoon in Jamaica last year. It was on a watch holder and rolled over, knocking against the side of the concrete safe. It reminds me of my honeymoon when I see those scratches, so I am really torn on whether I should get it fixed. Yes, it brings back fond memories, but on the other hand it's not like they resulted from some amazing activity I was doing at the time that caused it, you know? I plan on keeping this watch as long as possible since it was an engagement gift from my wife, so I am leaning towards getting it fixed up and good as new while I have the opportunity. What do you all think I should do??
    Last edited by Rice and Gravy; April 21st, 2017 at 13:05.

Sounds to me like the foreign objects in movt are from the winding wheel and maybe parts of the keyless works. Regardless it's definitely a failure of parts that have broken up inside so given the sentimental value I'd say go ahead and get it fixed. Any mechanical watch will require a service at various times every few years (4-5) so it's something you need to budget for during its lifetime.

I'm definitely getting the movement serviced, it's covered under warranty. What I am struggling with is whether to spend the $40 and get the honeymoon scratches fixed.

I would go for the refinishing, and "remember" about how those honeymoon scratches are now fixed!
    hub6152 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information