Thread: Need info/thoughts on Hamilton Dive Watches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need info/thoughts on Hamilton Dive Watches

I've gotten into a rather expensive dive watch kick. Recently bought a Seiko dive watch in addition to the Tag I already own. My Visa gift cards I received for Christmas are burning a hole in my wallet so I was looking last night at some other watches.

In looking for a Tissot SeaStar, I found a pair of really nice Hamilton's. The Seaview Day/Date and the Khaki King Scuba - both on bracelets and automatics.

Name:  Hamilton Seaview.jpg
Views: 8637
Size:  166.2 KBName:  Hamilton Khaki King Scuba.jpg
Views: 3777
Size:  15.0 KB

I'm curious for your more expert or owner opinions on these watches. I did a search here on WUS, but didn't see any head to head comps of both.

For info - I'm the epitome of a desk diver - I like the rugged but refined look some dive watches have, and I may get it wet here and there but no diving or snorkeling. Most of the time when I'm in the water I wear a 200M Casio so I don't have to worry about what happens.

Any help or thoughts are well appreciated in advance.

Re: Need info/thoughts on Hamilton Dive Watches

Not certain if you have seen the Hamilton SeaView or not but You can also get a 7753 movement & bracelet for under $800...for a short time only (from Ashford). I just got mine with a rubber strap. Check my other threads for pics.

Hamilton H37616131 Watch | Ashford.com
    The 3 C's of life: choices, chances, change. You have to make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change!
    If you don't make a choice, the choice makes you...

They are not divers:) but nice watches. If you want a diver go for belowzero

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Desk Diver

Yeah I guess I should have wrote Diver-styled watches. I was looking to see if anyone on this forum owns one or has handled one or both. But we are in argeement - these are very nice (looking) watches as I can see it.

ndabunka - thanks but I have smaller wrists and I'm afraid 44mm is on the high side for me. 42mm is about my max, although I own a 43mm which I can pull off.

I still think that the Hamilton Belowzero 42mm 200m is the nicest diver. It has 2824-2 if i'm not wrong,see through caseback,exterior bezel and the bigger brother is the real diver Belowzero 1000m with helium valve.

Desk Diver

my diver :)

That's not a diver :))

Desk Diver

First we'd have to define "diver" - strictly by bezel? Water resistance?

The Traveler 2 would meet the requirements, has the bezel though it's internal & WR of 200m

Anyway the Seaview does not have a screw down crown IMHO that means they may say 100m but I wouldn't trust it. The King Scuba does have a screw down crown & 100m rating - that would work for the level of WR you mention (casual)

To be a diver needs to have a ISO certificate like seiko monster for example,screwed crowns,solid caseback etc.
    Our navys are not divers, they have only a higher wr. You can find wr explications on wikipedia.

Here is the explications for normal 200m Water Resistant 200.m :Suitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports.NOT suitable for diving.

So they are not divers not even dive style watches,are more military. At least my version of navy gmt.
    Now i.hope you understand.

Last edited by Cypher; January 1st, 2012 at 15:41.

Desk Diver

yes i read the explanation on wiki in difference between 200m and 200m certified...but i dont really give much value to it. i have done scuba diving with my watch and it didnt give any problem.

the large face really helped me see the elapsed time clearly and the screwed down time bezel was much more reliable as adjusting your suit for buoyancy can cause accidental rotation of even uni-directional bezels.

now its not like more conventional dive watches and i ll agree these navy gmt's have a more military look.
    Last edited by Nocturnal310; January 1st, 2012 at 22:46.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information