See a Stowa in Real Life before you buy - thread for details of people willing to show their Stowas
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: See a Stowa in Real Life before you buy - thread for details of people willing to show their Stowas

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

See a Stowa in Real Life before you buy - thread for details of people willing to show their Stowas

Stowa of course do not retail anywhere but online, and this means you very rarely have a chance to see one in person before you buy - Stowa ownership is a pretty exclusive club and it can be difficult to find another owner

My idea is that in this thread we can post the Stowas that we own and a general location, even just referencing the city, town or locale in some cases (like mine !) is going to be enough. For somewhere like London a post code would be even better. This way if somebody is thinking of buying a Stowa, but reluctant to take the chance without handling, even trying one on, they might get the chance by making contact with a friendly WUS member through this thread.

Of course, individual meet-ups are completely a matter for the members involved. I personally operate on the basis that 95% of people you meet including on line contacts are decent sorts but it is always up to the individual to follow normal, sensible practices if proceeding to arrange a meet-up including protecting personal data/information, particularly in light of the fact that you will be approaching the meet as a known owner of at least one luxury good. Daylight hours in public places is a good rule of thumb.

The way I see it, this provides a potentially nice bit of assistance to fellow watch lovers, and also supports a brand that anyone in this forum has a strong affection towards by maybe helping Stowa to make a sale by tipping the balance for a potential purchaser. Also, you may make a pleasant personal acquaintance with a fellow watch lover, who knows.

Please keep replies to this this thread confined to your location and a general location and time of day that you might be able to meet up with the potential purchaser, to maximise the utility of the thread for people looking to find a Stowa in their home town. You can of course edit replies to update if you are lucky enough to add to your Stowa collection - or if you no longer have a given watch available.

Anyway, I will start :-

I'm based in Dublin, Ireland, and I own a Stowa 1938 Chronograph (no date version). I would generally be available to meet for a coffee somewhere in Dublin City Centre during the day. Make contact with me via pm on this site.

If this thread already exists - my apologies - I could not find despite the excellent search facility offered by WUS.

edit : as per first reply, if you're looking to make contact with a view to buying a Stowa and want to see one in real life first, feel free to use the thread just as a way to make contact.
    Last edited by Coler; February 16th, 2012 at 00:32.
    Thijsmens and tsar like this.

Re: See a Stowa in Real Life before you buy - thread for details of people willing to show their Sto

Long Island, New York - Looking to see a Stowa 1938 Chronograph and a Stowa Flieger - I work in Suffolk County and live in Nassau County with easy access to NYC. Monday to Friday, after work would be best. Anytime is good on the weekends. Thanks mush :)
    Coler likes this.
    Tom Fabbricante

Re: See a Stowa in Real Life before you buy - thread for details of people willing to show their Sto

I'd be pleased to show off my Antea KS in Washington, DC, although ideally during the day at or near Pentagon City, meaning also within a few stops on the Blue and Yellow Metro lines. Send a pm.
    Coler likes this.

I would have no problem meeting anyone; though there are most likely next to no WUS members in West Virginia. Which I don't blame them!

Anyways... I am in Huntington/Charleston Area and can meet anywhere in this area. I have a Schauer Edition 10. I would like to see any other Schauer or Stowa. I can be reached via PM also.
    Coler likes this.

I have been to Huntington,West Virgina,and it is a very beautiful place! And with lots of nice friendly people!

REN

First, kudos to Coler for having such a great idea starting this thread that lives up to the spirit of the forum.

I'm based in Singapore. I have these 2 Stowas that i would gladly show to anybody who is interested.
    -Marine Original on Hirsch Mariner black
    -Flieger 2801 LE on a DIY modified Di-Modell Tornado

I am interested to see a Schauer Edition 10.
    Coler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Renisin View Post
    I have been to Huntington,West Virgina,and it is a very beautiful place! And with lots of nice friendly people!

REN
    I never said it wasn't pretty! The people here are polite for the most part, but not beyond that. I am from Columbus and can't wait to move back. I mainly deal solely with my employees and customers, which has probably jaded me. I have not had so many people with a lack of work ethic and respect for others ever than the employees and customers I deal with on a daily basis here.

Now back to the OP's ideas... so far no one really close to one another than Renisin and myself!

No we've gotten a few volunteers to show potential stowa owners their watches which is the idea - that people thinking of buying one can look on this thread to see if there is someone local to them who might be happy to meet up and show their watch.

We just need other people who are proud of their stowa to chime in with their locations and willingness to share the stowa love :)

I think if you are a real supporter of the Stowa brand its an easy thing to do :D
    Last edited by Coler; February 19th, 2012 at 03:09.

I am in north west London, and I am happy for people to see my watches. Indeed over the years I have had a few that I have met who wanted to look at specific models. I have a total of 15 Schauers and Stowas!
    Coler likes this.

I also have some Schauers and Stowas, but I'm afraid, most people interested in these watches prefer to visit the Stowa premises in Engelsbrand - just some 30 miles away from my home.
    Here are some of my watches: Marines

Volker
    Coler and arch_m like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information