Thread: Stowa Antea

Stowa Antea

I stumbled accross this beautiful watch when one came up for sale on a used forum. I am smitten.

Up to now I've been an Omega man - I have a Speedy Pro and PO, also have a couple of Seiko Divers..

The ks has taken my eye as a dress watch - especially with the steel bracelet.

I was just looking for some feedback really, initially i was drawn to the KS, but after finding the Stowa web, now i'm drawn to all the Antea models, I like its timeless design. I'm used to bigger watches, although I am quite small framed,
    I could quite easily order all of them, but thats just silly, and likely to end in divorce (oops).

Advice or recommendations would be great, I suppose its the KS, or the creme, or black. Would anyone recommend the COSC upgrade ?
    And is the bracelet as good as it looks.

In fact any feedback would be most welcome

Cheers
    17b

Re: Stowa Antea

Well we all ask the same questions when we discover Stowa.
    I can't recommend one above another but I can tell you my story which you might relate to...

I was originally attracted to the Nomos, and then discovered the Antea KS which appeared to be far better value for money

but I bought neither - because I was concerned that the 35.5mm would be too small for my 7.5" wrist...

So I bought a Black Antea - and loved it so much that I then wanted it's brother the Creme, but because I wanted a No Date version, the only one Stowa had available was with a COSC movement...

I love both my Antea's but have to say I notice absolutely no difference between COSC & non COSC version but then I have no idea how many seconds any of my watches gain or lose per day - that is of no interest to me.

Ironically, I'm now looking at the the KS again and wondering if it would actually be too small for my tastes...
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

I'm a getting ready for my first major flip. I am going to sell all of my watches except for the Antea KS. I will always keep that watch.

"Would anyone recommend the COSC upgrade ?"
    The main argument isn't the difference in accuracy (maybe there isn't even any), but the far better finished movement of the C.O.S.C. variation.
    It's got blued screws, Geneva stripes, perlage and the STOWA custom rotor - really nice to look at.
    This is a comparison between a C.O.S.C. (left) and an upgraded (blued srews) serial one (right):

It's nice, isn't it?

Volker

Quote Originally Posted by 17bex View Post
    In fact any feedback would be most welcome
    Hey, man, I know this feeling!

Here's my story: First watch - shock and happiness (Antea Black)

It happened more than a year ago, and I'm wearing this watch while writing this post

COSC vs. non-COSC: a lot of controversy is going on about it, use the search function and decide by yourself. It's not only about the accuracy but the quality of the components of the movement which is important.

My first ever mechanical watch was a COSC because I know I (hopefully) never will sell it, but next I think I could cope with a little worse accuracy too

Btw, Antea is a great watch you cannot go wrong with either black, creme or silver. And in real life on your wrist it will look even more beautiful than on the photos. If you cannot decide, spare the cost of the COSC and buy two of them in different colors

I am considering just that, two..
    However I would prefer not to have the date window on the black and creme versions, alas this is no longer available..

Why not email Viveca with your request...
    hafner@stowa.de

you never know what they might have lurking in their store cupboard

It's one of the magic things about Stowa - you get to talk to them directly...
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

got an email from Regine Schauer this morning, saying date only available.. I also asked about hand colours etc, only the standard watches shown on the website are available at the moment (and the black and creme not til January)..

I was sort of hoping for a xmas pressie... for my wife and from my wife - if u see what i mean..

Never mind.. I'm still smitten...

Thread Information