Stowa Flieger Baumuster B vs. Laco Flieger 42mm Baumuster B - Page 2

Thread: Stowa Flieger Baumuster B vs. Laco Flieger 42mm Baumuster B

-->
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Stowa Flieger Baumuster B vs. Laco Flieger 42mm Baumuster B

I have them both and the Stowa gets by far the most wrist time. It practically didn't leave my wrist the last 5 months.

... no and I'm not selling my WUS edition

Roy

I have been through this thinking process. But Stowa won in the end. The lugs and crown of Laco is too pertruding and original. Stowa's intepretion somehow is more smoothing to me. Of course if I have the cash I will have a GO instead =X

Sponsor / Moderator

Hello everybody,

just three short comments regarding the quality of the STOWA watch compared to the Laco watch and the price difference this three features cause.

1 - We use real blued steel hands, these hands are the best quality hands in the market and very, very expensive.
    Only a few companies can get this hands from the best supplier in the world! .-)

2 - A matt finished case like ours needs more time to be finished than a sand blasted case, this finish of the case is the best you can have. .-)
    (of course it is a matter of taste - if you prefer sand blasted cases or those finished with a satin finish like ours, as far as I am concerned I prefer this because it looks higher quality like IWC and others)

3 - the lume on our dials is the best in the market and also very expensive, if you compare with other watches the STOWA lume probably will be more intensive I suppose (this is the result of a few watch magazine tests in the past, I will add this tests in a few weeks to our new Onlineshop). .-)

Anyway, the Laco is a watch which is worth the price you pay but the STOWA details are more than worth the higher price. .-)

It is all a matter of the small details behind "two similar" watches on a first look.

That's why it is is very delicate to compare two "similar" watches without having the background details which ago beyond a first look.

Best regards

Jörg Schauer
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; December 7th, 2010 at 11:11.

Morning Jörg

Compliments of the season to you all at Stowa and thank you for your comments. It's a nice feeling to be buying a watch from a company and proprietor so involved with their customers

On this point in particular:

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Schauer View Post
    1 - We use real blued steel hands, this hands are the best quality hands in the market and very, very expensive. Only a few companys can get this hands from the best supplier in the world! .-)
    Can you (or anyone else) tell me what the process is to make these hands so I can better appreciate their quality?

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Schauer View Post
    Hello everybody,

just three short comments regarding the quality of the STOWA watch compared to the Laco watch and the price difference this three features cause.

1 - We use real blued steel hands, these hands are the best quality hands in the market and very, very expensive.
    Only a few companies can get this hands from the best supplier in the world! .-)

2 - A matt finished case like ours needs more time to be finished than a sand blasted case, this finish of the case is the best you can have. .-)
    (of course it is a matter of taste - if you prefer sand blasted cases or those finished with a satin finish like ours, as far as I am concerned I prefer this because it looks higher quality like IWC and others)

3 - the lume on our dials is the best in the market and also very expensive, if you compare with other watches the STOWA lume probably will be more intensive I suppose (this is the result of a few watch magazine tests in the past, I will add this tests in a few weeks to our new Onlineshop). .-)

Anyway, the Laco is a watch which is worth the price you pay but the STOWA details are more than worth the higher price. .-)

It is all a matter of the small details behind "two similar" watches on a first look.

That's why it is is very delicate to compare two "similar" watches without having the background details which ago beyond a first look.

Best regards

Jörg Schauer
    Thanks for your explanation Jörg! The quality of Stowa watches speaks for itself indeed. It is the details that the team puts in which make them worthwhile to have.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; December 7th, 2010 at 11:16.

Sponsor / Moderator

Sorry i forgot another important and very high quality detail: our handmade Rotor in german silver .-)

Not only handmade but also individual serial numbered - each watch !

I think thats all.

best regards

Jörg Schauer

If i count all this special features: real blued steel hands, more expensive finish of case, best lume dial and the handmade rotor in "german silver"i think the price relation will be much better than i supposed
    Attached Images Attached Images  

And blued screws and sapphire case back....

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minimoog View Post

Can you (or anyone else) tell me what the process is to make these hands so I can better appreciate their quality?
    We already had a lot of posts/threads regarding "blueing stainless steel screws". The most interesting read would be the British Horological Institute: bhi - clocks, watches &amp the art and science of timekeeping.

Using the search function would have delivered:

Blue screw process

Newbie inquiry about blue screws

Newbie Question: Blued Screws...

There are more reports on WUS (see my NOMOS report, there are pics re blueing screws at the NOMOS premises).
    Kind regards
    Mike

This is a hard choice :-/ Even though I have decided for Laco in the end (hopefully I should be ordering it next week), it was a hard call and probably will get Stowa later this year too.

Why Laco? In short, it looks more like the original. After reading many posts here on the forum, most of you prefer the "smoothness" of the Stowa case, the lugs but I like the looks of Laco case more, plus more historically accurate. Second, it is hand wound and of course the price is more "friendly" for me right now.

But Stowa...I know it is not that original, but the 2824-2, especially the rotor which I adore and COSC (to be honest I do not care about the certification but I do like the better materials in some parts and the polished look). Second, the hands, the hands, the hands. I probably would not recognize the difference but the feeling...:) And I do not know the customer service of Laco but I have heard miracles about Stowa. So the price is definitely justifiable (more than that) but right now, it will be Laco, really tough call.

Oh and I almost forgot, thank you FliegerPL for the comparison!
    Last edited by paveiv; December 7th, 2010 at 16:54. Reason: bad memory:)

Agree, I would lean toward Laco this time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information