Thread: Stowa Marine Automatic Brushed Finishes ...

G07

Stowa Marine Automatic Brushed Finishes ...

Hey Guys,

What do you use to touch up the matte/brushed finishes Stowa uses on their Marine watches? Their finish "appears" to be slightly different than other watches I've owned...

Any hints/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

John

Re: Stowa Marine Automatic Brushed Finishes ...

Quote Originally Posted by G07 View Post
    Hey Guys,

What do you use to touch up the matte/brushed finishes Stowa uses on their Marine watches? Their finish "appears" to be slightly different than other watches I've owned...

Any hints/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

John
    Uh oh...that doesn't sound good. I would probably start with the finest Scotch Brite pad available or other minimally abrasive options. You can always progress up if you need more abrasion, but you don't want too much. Sorry and good luck.

Scratch brush like this:

Last edited by Lencoth; February 22nd, 2012 at 00:13.

I wouldn't dare a DIY job on my Stowa but if you are enough brave a good solution is buying a kit from watchbandrenew.I have tried them in the past,they give a good result and they come in different grades/microns

AEC

I've used the Bergeon fiberglass pen shown in Lencloth's reply. It takes a skilled hand, so practice on something not-so-dear before using it on your Stowa. It's not easy to keep the grain straight and parallel with that pen.

My advice: when the watch has enough wear & tear to warrant it, have it professionally refinished by Stowa or its recommended agent in Canada.

....and if nothing of all those recommendations do work: Just send it back to Engelsbrand and Joerg will make it like being new,

Volker

Quote Originally Posted by AEC View Post
    I've used the Bergeon fiberglass pen shown in Lencloth's reply. It takes a skilled hand, so practice on something not-so-dear before using it on your Stowa. It's not easy to keep the grain straight and parallel with that pen.

My advice: when the watch has enough wear & tear to warrant it, have it professionally refinished by Stowa or its recommended agent in Canada.
    Best of all is to accept that scratches are a part of (a watch's) life. That fiberglass brush can work well to touch up a light scratch, when done with care and a light hand. But not exactly the right tool to redo a complete watch.

+1 on the Bergeon fiberglass pen. Assuming the scratches are not too deep, and it's a brushed finish. It won't work for a matte finish, like a fine sandblast.
    Dan

SAS SEA-01 #61/100...Steinhart Triton 30 atm...Steinhart Apollon...Benarus Moray III...
    Oris TT1 Diver-Date...Victorinox Airboss Mach 4...Victorinox Dive Master 500...
    Dievas Oceantimer 1330...Citizen Orca, Nighthawk...Etc...

Thread Information