Thread: need help with Seiko 5 watch band link removal

need help with Seiko 5 watch band link removal

Name:  IMGP0001-2.JPG
Views: 6905
Size:  726.0 KB
    Help!!
    I'm trying to remove a couple of links on the band of my new Seiko 5 SNZB26 and its driving me crazy. It's the folded metal link. I've pushed out & removed a couple of the small, U shaped clips from the bottom of a couple of links, using a small screwdriver inserted into the opening on the inside face of the link, but there is something else holding the links together on the opposite side? Now what?
    Any help is much appreciated.
    JP
    Last edited by JPlomeo; July 28th, 2011 at 01:45.

Re: need help with Seiko 5 watch band link removal

Eureka!!! Mystery solved. Playing around with the links, trying to find out how to free them, I discovered that a 90 degree twisting motion-in relation to the plane of the bracelet-frees the links. There is infact -as i surmised- a very small pin that only protrudes about a millimeter or so into the top section of link. By twisting the band (and slightly pulling out the section where the U sheet pin was) enough clearance is gained to free up the link. Hope this helps anyone who has this type of watch.
    JP

Re: need help with Seiko 5 watch band link removal

im just now getting into this link removal. wondered how they came off. i went and looked at mine and sure enough its just like yours.

Thread Information