WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Laco Genf Ronda Quartz Day German Only?

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  StufflerMike 
#1 ·
Greetings...I was looking for an inexpensive quartz to hold me over while my everyday watch (Breitling) is in for regular service (5 weeks). I stumbled across the entry level Laco's with the Ronda quartz movement on Amazon, liked the look & the price, so I picked one up. I'm very pleased with the watch, and actually intrigued by the Laco history, etc. I see myself owning a real Laco at some point in the near future. My question is really simple, yet I can't seem to get a straight answer. Does the Laco 861807 "Genf" display the day of the week in English, or only German? Mine arrived on a Monday, with the time/date set & running, displaying "Mon". It's been a week now, and the days have only displayed in German. Is there a trick to getting it to display in English, or am I stuck with German? Perhaps these inexpensive models only come with one language. As stated, I'm enjoying the watch, and really think it is a good value. I'd like to move up the Laco food chain a bit to compliment my IWC & Breitling, because it think it's a quality product...I'm really not a a swiss watch snob slumming it. Any thoughts on this day language issue are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

#2 ·
I don't have that watch, but here is what I think.

The day wheel typically jumps two spaces when it changes. There are 14 day marks
with the German and English day abbreviatons interleaved. When the day changes
it jumps over the other language markings to stay consistent. The user can change
the language by advancing the day wheel one position with the crown. However,
because you chose the version with the day display at "12", the day mark is two
positions wide. There are only 7 day marks on the day wheel. I guess you may be
able to confirm this if the mechanism still allows setting to 14 positions. If you
advance the day wheel one position and find the space between the day marks
shows in the window, then there are only 7 day marks, and you have German.
Guten Tag.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
rationaltime

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.