My purchase took so long to process.

Thread: My purchase took so long to process.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

My purchase took so long to process.

I've made a purchase 2 days ago and now the watch has not even left germany yet.. Paid via credit card and this time round they seem abit slow.. My miyota took only 3 days to reach me back in early dec 2010..
    Last edited by hbk75; January 7th, 2011 at 09:39.

Re: My purchase took so long to process.

Yesterday was a holiday in several European countries. Shops and post offices are closed in Austria and - I think - Germany on Jan. 6th.

Guess I will have to wait then. May I know if buying a single strap from laco shop gets free shipping as well?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hbk75 View Post
    I've made a purchase 2 days ago and now the watch has not even left germany yet.. Paid via credit card and this time round they seem abit slow.. My miyota took only 3 days to reach me back in early dec 2010..
    Wow what a painfull, distressing experience. You should do your homework more properly. Uwe notified the forum members about the Laco holidays.

For those of you who might be contacting Laco over the Holidays, please be aware that they will be closed from noon on 23 Dec to 10 Jan, 2011 for a factory vacation. The Laco Shop will remain open and will continue to function as normal for you last-minute shoppers and those looking to spend a little of that left-over holiday money.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Wow what a painfull, distressing experience. You should do your homework more properly. Uwe notified the forum members about the Laco holidays.
    wow..But Uwe did mention about spending some money in laco shop..I assumed that they are open as usual..

Quote Originally Posted by hbk75 View Post
    wow..But Uwe did mention about spending some money in laco shop..I assumed that they are open as usual..
    They are open and it is supposedly business as usual, however, it could be that they're short staffed during the holidays. Either way, I think Mike just felt it was strange for someone to complain about a long processing time after only two days. You know from past experience that Laco delivers their watches extremely quickly, so maybe you just need to have a little patience; I'm sure there's a good reason that this shipment has taken a little longer.

Something else to consider: actual shipping is sometimes quicker than the updating of processing and tracking information. I don't know how many times a courier's tracking information said my watch was in transit after it had already been delivered.

I've check with my bank that they have not post the charges to my card yet..meaning that the banks in germany could be still on holidays..maybe i will have to wait..

Relax. All businesses are resuming slowly after the holiday. Just think about the wait time if you order it from Stowa instead?
    60s vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre HW | 60s vintage Tradition 23j HW | Laco Pilot 42 Type A HW | Tourby Aviator B2c | Sinn U1 | Marathon TSAR & GSAR | Vintage Glashutte GUB

I am speculating to get a 45 B... In order to support my decission process, I ordered a 42 A last night online around 23 hours. On Lacos side the order was processed before 8 AM this morning and Fedex is already in posession of the good. Does not get faster and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bolivar View Post
    I am speculating to get a 45 B... In order to support my decission process, I ordered a 42 A last night online around 23 hours. On Lacos side the order was processed before 8 AM this morning and Fedex is already in posession of the good. Does not get faster and better.
    Interesting thought process! By the way, to help out the OP, what payment method did you use for your order?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information