I have been wanting to purchase a vintage Laco for years and finally made the commitment. I purchased this from a seller in the UK. The watch was aquired during the war by her father in law along with a luftwaffe dagger - both taken from an aviator who was shot down. This is what finally pushed me to go for it - the provenance is solid.
I have several questions for the experts on the site.
1. Looking at the watch can someone tell me the possible year of production
2. It has its original leather strap. Can I condition it with some Picard's or will it hurt the value
3. I have in the past sent my 1940's era Omega's to Omega to be refurbished. Can I do this with the Laco - or will it hurt the value?
4. If the recommendation is to leave it alone - I do want to have it serviced to keep the mechanism clean - who is the best to have it sent to?
5. Is there any general information or link that can give me the best information on the backgorund of the watch
See attached photos