WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

$10K budget - help a doc pick my first watch

24K views 122 replies 68 participants last post by  vindicate 
#1 ·
I posted this is in another forum, but was advised to post here as well.

Title says it all. Wedding gift from wife. First watch. Looking for something very versatile. I dress in mostly in scrubs daily being a doc. Occasionally, some formal events. Open to purchasing gently used. Work with xrays quite a bit daily and not sure if this will have bearing on the watch. Wrist is about 6.75".

Was looking at the Rolex SD4K. Tried it on in person and liked it.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

#117 ·
How about vintage? Here's my Cyma recommending something like this it has a date. There is a Vacheron on eBay right now around $7k that is yellow gold and silver dial its stunning wish I could buy it but I just bought a Patek so I'm out of the market for a while. Middle pic is my Patek lower pic is,some vontages including the VC date I mentioned. The upper right Hamilton I purchased and should have tomorrow. I'll post one more pic of a GP that looks awesome in another reply.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

#118 ·
Here's a fine GP date and power reserve and a wrist shot of my Hasler and Cyma. I doubt if you could find the Hasler but many watches are available with the same Valjoux/ETA 7751 movement that look very similar. These watches moonphase watches in 18k can be found on EBay for about $3k which is what I paid.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.