WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

AP Discount in US?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tony20009 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I am interested in buying royal oak gold (strap, 41mm, Ref# 15400OR.OO.D002CR.01). I was offered only 10% discount ~ 29k. However from what I read about, it seems that someone got 20-25% off or more. What is a good price for this watch?
Any recommendations on AD (anywhere from DC to NYC)? Please pm me
Thanks a lot.

#2 ·
I know it's not what you want to hear, but the best price is the lowest one you can haggle your way into. As for 10% off, you can do better than than just buying the thing from Jomashop without haggling. Prestige Time offers it at 20% off, again with no haggling.

Have you actually Googled "Audemars Piguet 15400 price?" You need to do that if you haven't. It'll give you a swarm of prices from various sellers and what you find will be a pretty good gauge as a starting point, whether you seek to buy new or pre-owned.

All the best.

#3 ·
However from what I read about, it seems that someone got 20-25% off or more. What is a good price for this watch?
It always seems like that doesn't it? It's like that friend who 'know's a guy' that sells whatever and they got something half off. Whenever you try to get that deal, it suddenly disappears.

If you don't want to go gray market, then call some of the big boys and feel them out. If you're serious about buying now, let them know. Not specific to AP but I've had good experiences with London Jewelers (NYC and Long Island), and Timepiece collection (NJ)

#4 ·
It always seems like that doesn't it? It's like that friend who 'know's a guy' that sells whatever and they got something half off. Whenever you try to get that deal, it suddenly disappears.

If you don't want to go gray market, then call some of the big boys and feel them out. If you're serious about buying now, let them know. Not specific to AP but I've had good experiences with London Jewelers (NYC and Long Island), and Timepiece collection (NJ)
That is perhaps the most important factor in negotiating with retailers, and I think a lot of folks don't understand that or why. Not one of them has a shred of incentive to give someone, especially a casual inquirer, their best price just so they can then go "shop" the price against a competitor and still lose the sale, especially seeing as every retailer can do exactly the same "thing" as goes offering a given discounted price point.

All the best.

Reactions: tigerpac
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.