WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

audemars piguet royal oak authentication.

5K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Townshend 
#1 ·
hello,

can someone please authenticate and value this AP royal oak for me?

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

See less See more
#7 ·
Please compare the position of the movement between these 2? also been told the Piguet on the gold rotor should end between the 2 stars. And the one i have posted photos of ends after the 2 stars by quite a bit? also there is no number engraved on the links? the one i have of a photo to compare it to has 1220 engraved on the 1st link?

thanks guys...

Analog watch Watch accessory Watch Metal Titanium

#10 ·
I would suspect nothing conclusive will come from this venue since no one but you can handle the watch. Might you be better served by taking it to an AP AD for follow up/authentication, regardless of forum opinion?

#12 ·
Hmm. Hard to say without sharper pictures. It's true the alignment doesn't quite match the other pictures you've shown, nor the way the rotor looks on my AP Jules Audemars Chrono, which uses the same movement (sans date), pictured below. You could inquire of AP with the serial number, but short of better pictures and/or seeing the watch in person, it's hard to say.

Metal Brass Bronze

#16 ·
I own a 15400 and this is a fake. First off the positioning of some of the screws is totally off in the movement. I find it funny how 3 people in this thread post that they think it's legit without knowing anything about what this piece should look like.

Anyway, if you've ever held a real RO in your hands you'll know that it's impossible to fake the finishing on the case, movement and bracelet - it is truly next level.

#18 · (Edited)
That's a damn good fake. Notice the screws in the bezel on the front of the watch. The "line" in the screw should be positioned in such a way that you could trace a complete circle by going through the line of each of the screws. The OP's pic shows this.

Aside from the fact that the OP's pics of the rotor is not of good quality, if this is a fake, it's a really good one.

#20 ·
This is fake, the movement is not AP 3120, it's made to resemble 3120 with fake decorated plates slapped on top of what is most likely an Asian copy of a Japanese Miyota 9015 - you can actually see the movement in the gaps between the plates. Obviously, it was impossible to keep the orientation correct because of the different movement layout, so they tilted the orientation of the plates.

#22 ·
No. In person it's very obvious what is a real vs fake AP. The finishing is impossible to fake. If the fakes could execute the level of hand finishing then they would cost just about as much as the real ones. Go to an AD and examine a royal oak up close. Even without a loupe. Crappy pictures online are another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.