Like Tree2Likes

Thread: In celebration of Ramadan: Grieb & Benzinger Green Inspiration

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Watchuseek Editor

In celebration of Ramadan: Grieb & Benzinger Green Inspiration

Name:  GreenInspirationPT.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  231.2 KB

With the holy month of Ramadan upon us, GRIEB & BENZINGER has been commissioned by a wealthy watch connoisseur in the Middle East to create a very special personal gift called the GREEN INSPIRATION.

Since releasing the BLACK TULIP SABUDHA IMPERIAL in 2013 for Simply Abu Dhabi Magazine, the brand has succeeded in catching the attention of watch lovers in the Middle East, who have welcomed the German workshop’s concept of bespoke production for demanding customers.

The watch material and colors for this latest timepiece were carefully chosen, placing emphasis on the color green in the center of the design. Green traditionally represents Islam.

The watch comes in a solid platinum case with signature GRIEB & BENZINGER hand-guilloché bezel and a black alligator strap with green stitching. The two-part dial is extraordinarily deep: Arabic numerals on the upper hour scale with green dots marking the hours combine with a handcrafted, guilloché, green-colored base dial, the color of which shifts very slightly as the sun’s rays touch it.

As with every GRIEB & BENZINGER creation, it’s a piece of great rarity and of course being made from 950PT platinum, it’s going to make the lucky owner a sensational Ramadan celebratory gift worth € 65,000.

Specifications

Platinum watch GREEN INSPIRATION
    Two-part dial, green hand-guilloché base dial, manually wound movement, fully skeletonized, guilloché and engraved by hand. Solid platinum PT950 case, 43 mm in diameter, black alligator-skin strap with solid platinum PT950 buckle.

Visit the Grieb & Benzinger website
    zephyrnoid and thumos like this.

Re: In celebration of Ramadan: Grieb & Benzinger Green Inspiration

Not very appealing to me at least
    Last edited by ngbank; July 8th, 2014 at 06:53.
    Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar
    Omega
    2006 Seamaster Pro 007 LE
    Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Diver Titanium 26390392

I think that's a nice looking watch and I'd really enjoy wearing it. It's sort of different looking as dress watches go and that's at least worth something.

I know I buy a lot of my watches so as to have color coordination options with my clothing, but I have to say that the price is prohibitive for me because as much as I really like the green, I don't wear enough stuff that would show it off all that well. Green's just not a regular player in my color palate.

At just shy of $90K, the watch has to be something I can wear more than with just two or three things -- even if I might opt to only wear it two or three times a year -- mostly black tie with green silks, and that's something I drag out only once a year. I might also wear it with a dressy suit and green tie, but again, that's not something I wear often. It's one thing to only wear a pricey watch infrequently, but it's another to really have no choice but to do just that.

All the best.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Cheers,
    Tony

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment.
    ― A.A. Milne

Hidden Content

Nope nope notta. I find it funny how the middle east, which is mostly desert and Islamic is matched with green colors whenever a limited piece concerning them or their main religion is identified.

We consider dead plants to be lush green!!

*writing this while wearing a green shirt*
    Regards,
    AK93 (@thejourneguy)

I make my watches as if there was no other way to tell time.
    -François-Paul Journe

The Greatest Watchmaker Alive:

Hidden Content Hidden Content

I like Benzinger and his hand engraving craftsmanship.

But green? only if you really love green?

me too,I like Benzinger and his hand engraving craftsmanship too,thank you

Not a huge fan of the watch in general (perhaps if it were blue).

But the (arabic script!) arabic numerals do look very nice.
    Glashütte Original Panograph • Breguet Marine Rolex Daytona 116520 Rolex Submariner 5513 NOMOS Zürich Weltzeit Omega Speedmaster '57 Broad Arrow re-edition Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue Lemania Chronograph (c. 1940s) Breitling Navitimer • Azimuth Mr. Roboto • Sinn 356 Fleiger II • Tag Heuer Aquaracer Chrono Baume & Mercier Capeland Chrono • Casio G-Shock DW5600

I think it is beautiful; on the face of it (forgive the pun) quite simple, but plenty of interesting design quirks.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

It's so hard to use Arabic numerals on a western dial watch without their looking strange. This one succeeds by keeping them within a clever subdial. the Designer could also have run western numerals on the larger chapter ring for that "East meets West" fusion.Love the Green- So 'Gulf' and obviously, Islamocentric. Should sell well

Not my cup of mint tea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information