WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

FP Journe - any negatives?

7K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  Pierre i am 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Like some other watch fanatics I have fallen in love with everything from FP Journe. I have my sights set on a chrono bleu and at this point it's not a matter of if I'm purchasing one but of how soon.

I know all the positives and preaches for the brand and I also know the biggest worry (timeline. But does anyone have any horror stories? Did anyone have a horrible experience?

- Pierre

#6 ·
I love everything about it. My local AD won't respond to emails so I might have to make the hour trek to talk to him about the watch.

Does anyone know if it's better to go to the AD or the Boutique? It wouldn't be that expensive to drive to the LA boutique but is there any benefits?

#8 ·
I love everything about it. My local AD won't respond to emails so I might have to make the hour trek to talk to him about the watch.

Does anyone know if it's better to go to the AD or the Boutique? It wouldn't be that expensive to drive to the LA boutique but is there any benefits?
You may be of a younger generation than I and therefore consider this a strange suggestion, but does your AD answer their telephone? If all you want is to talk about the watch, the phone will do just fine. Just an idea....

All the best.

Reactions: drhr
#9 ·
One can probably say that of any $25K+ watch. LOL Odds are there are a good number of WISes who don't "get" it even being WISes. LOL

All the best.

#16 ·
@tony20009

I won't have all the money secured/ prepped until this summer or early fall. I really don't mind having to wait for the watch to come in. And if my local AD won't give any discounts at all I would personally prefer to purchase it at the boutique.

Also Thanks for the list and advice.

#22 ·
Actually the service isn't that expensive when comparing it to other manufactures. I've heard a lot of people saying they are spending 1200+ on rolex's that are sub 10k retail.

The part issue could be something in the future but at the same time I'm sure they keep blueprints of all the parts and they have people who can reproduce it ( atleast for the CB).

I think the main issue is the wait time

#27 ·
My 5 cents - you're buying a masterpiece... so your Bleu will actually cost more when the author passes for a simple reason that there's no more pieces are to be made. But seriously... Richemont/Swatch/LVMH will be fighting for a brand like FPJ if one day it's for sale ...

#30 ·
Regarding the availability of Bleu or anything else labeled as FPJ, the best we can say for Journe's credit is that he engineered and designed them, but not make them any more now. His employees do instead. And I am pretty sure Bleu will be discontinued as a business decision, prior to the pass away of its brand founder.

#29 ·
yes, we are all this way... but honestly I would have much less hesitation in buying watches if they'd hold a better value... especially brands like fpj, de bethune, als, mbf etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.