help identifying this patek philippe im about to buy

Thread: help identifying this patek philippe im about to buy

help identifying this patek philippe im about to buy

hello can anyone tell me something about this patek philippe? also they are selling it to me for 5500, is it a good price or am i getting ripped off? any help is greatly appreciated
    Name:  564453744_o.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  32.2 KB

Re: help identifying this patek philippe im about to buy

Is this the extent of your research? If you follow the basics of asking for pics of front, back, movement, case numbers, service history, provenance, then check out the reference materials on PP, which are plenty, if any questions remain I'm sure many would be happy to address specific concerns. If a seller won't provide details and high-res photos, walk away! The hour or two you spend doing your own leg-work will help with future purchases as well, so its not wasted time by any means. This advice/process comes from someone who has learned by making every mistake possible...once
    Tick Talk says, "A watch in the hand is worth two on the wrist"

he's apparently a very reputable ebay seller, with over 1500 transactions, i asked for pictures of the movement imm waiting for them, as for the case reference he says its 2573 wich seems reasonable but i havent found this particular patek anywhere. im baffled because ive never seen a patek with the patek philippe & co dial signature and also the swiss legend at the bottom, which places the watch probably between 1940 and 1950 but i really dont know very much about calatravas. here are some more pictures, obviusly if by tomorrow i dont recieve clear pictures of the movement then i will walk away.
    here are some more pics
    Name:  564453772_o.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  34.1 KB
    Name:  564453835_o.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  24.6 KB
    Name:  564453857_o.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  67.8 KB
    Name:  564453901_o.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  75.8 KB
    Name:  564453925_o.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  71.0 KB
    Patek Philippe 2573, JLC master triple date, rolex submariner, rolex datejust gold and steel, breitling bentley gt, bvlgari diagono professional, oris diver small seconds, raymond weil moonphase, casio pathfinder, citizen promaster, casio jungle hunt game

Antiquorum auction site's database can provide several examples for you to compare with. Should be a 33mm case with the 10'''-200 manual 18 jewel movement. It appears the reference was available from late 1950s to late 1960s and your case shape is correct. As you've noted, the dial nomenclature is of an earlier period. It looks like a good dial, perhaps from the earliest production or another model. Unfortunately, you may need the watch in-hand to verify. It also looks like an engraving on the case back has been either blurred in the photo or polished partially away?
    Tick Talk says, "A watch in the hand is worth two on the wrist"

everything seems legit heres some pictures of the movement and back of case it seems to check out wat do you think? if it turns out real and everything you think its a good buy?
    Name:  HPIM4426.JPG
Views: 617
Size:  269.7 KB
    Name:  HPIM4429.JPG
Views: 570
Size:  272.4 KB
    Name:  HPIM4431.JPG
Views: 555
Size:  268.1 KB
    Name:  HPIM4438.JPG
Views: 533
Size:  257.4 KB
    Name:  HPIM4436.JPG
Views: 564
Size:  261.2 KB
    Name:  HPIM4440.JPG
Views: 627
Size:  236.4 KB
    Patek Philippe 2573, JLC master triple date, rolex submariner, rolex datejust gold and steel, breitling bentley gt, bvlgari diagono professional, oris diver small seconds, raymond weil moonphase, casio pathfinder, citizen promaster, casio jungle hunt game

Thread Information