WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Hi-Ends eye candy thread!!!

1M views 5K replies 859 participants last post by  smithj 
#1 ·
Hey good folks, was wondering if it would be a good idea to start a thread like this showing all your magnificent hi-ends specimens be it single or group shots, i know some of you posted pics of their beauties on the WRUW threads or Roll Calls, but how about putting them all together in this section to let us all drool over and dream a bit :-!:-d

I'll start with some latest pics i've taken over last week, hope you'll enjoy my amateur work mates :thanks

See less See more
#325 ·
Simply... W O W ! ! !

Looks to be like 5 major players in the group. Waiting to see those magical watch boxes of Mr. Donut's for what has to be, the most unbelievable group shot EVER!! Please show us the non-precious metals box/s too... Please!

Only complaint is - We are seeing a lot of the same watches from the same people with a 2 degree different angle or slightly different lighting. C'mon guys dig deeper into those bottomless wallets and show us some new stuff!

Good to see a few Panerai's and the couple of Chronoswiss watches... so, I guess I can play...:

Maybe this shot would be more appropriate here:

A few of my crummy pix as well. The camera went TU awhile back so, maybe a blessing in disguise...

Reactions: mpalmer
#331 ·
#337 ·
Sure let the others decide. I can always prove myself im not hiding anything. Maybe you need to have your eyes check before you accuse people. Its not my fault that you cannot distinguish an angle.

You probably need someone to teach you things as etiquette in a public forum. Anyway i reported you to the moderators already. Heck i can always back up myself with a lot of stuff and you judged based only in one pic. Come on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#339 ·
Sure let the others decide.
-Fair enough

I can always prove myself im not hiding anything.
-I can always prove myself as well. The fact that I'm replying is proof enough.

Maybe you need to have your eyes check before you accuse people. Its not my fault that you cannot distinguish an angle.
-Angles cannot change distance between logos and date windows, off-center dates, poor tachy printing, distance between DW and tachy....

You probably need someone to teach you things as etiquette in a public forum.

-Is that a challenge?

Anyway i reported you to the moderators already.
-HEY! Didn't I pick om you in high school???? Remember that locker?

Heck i can always back up myself with a lot of stuff and you judged based only in one pic. Come on

-If I'm proven wrong, I'll apologize and bow out gracefully.

#340 · (Edited)
Heck im definitely challenging you!!

I hate when people try to put you down when in fact they have nothing to show! I maybe new to this forum but i know what is right from wrong. I buy my watches with my own sweat and blood and to call me out like that is really something i will not tolerate.

Probably you would want to also see my other "fake collection" and tell me what seems to be wrong with my watches!

Or would you want more proof? Some people just try to jump an oppurtunity to put down others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#347 ·
Clearly the date window in this is the same a jaybu's.
What some members don't seem to realise as that small details are often changed throughout the life of a watch. Some parts, such as bezels, are often produced by several suppliers and fonts may vary.
We had a thread on Omega a while ago comparing early 2500 Planet Oceans to late models and the differences were noticeable. The last generation had a completely different font on the date wheel. The teeth on the bezel were different (it was speculated that this was as a result of tooling wear. Not sure about that one). Even the case shape had changed.

I'd suggest that accusing someone of posting a fake should be based on a lot more than (in the case of that chrono') posting a picture of what was an early (possibly even prototype) model in the manufacturer's publicity shot.

#349 ·
Hi there unfortunately I don't have another picture of the Diver as I have sold that immediately following my purchase of the AP Panda. The diver was an impulse buy from the second hand market but since I still crave for the Panda I still bought one new and was fortunate enough to sell the diver fast. Took a snapshot in my phone just so I have one in record to remind me of it. The wife insisted that I only retain one AP.

For me being ripped off, all I can tell is the diver looked good to me in person (meaning it looked good in all angles even the lume) and that it had all the papers, tag, boxes so never did I doubt the seller who sold it to me.

As mentioned earlier I live by my blood and sweat to be able to afford my passion. I'm not a rich guy I just pay my dues and work hard so for someone to question my integrity is absolutely something I will not tolerate. If I came strong earlier it's just because I feel that Watch-u-say's words are a personal attack to my character and my hard work. I'm fairly new to this hobby (almost 4 years to be exact) never did it cross my mind to pass something off as genuine. This is my passion and this is what makes me happy so I always buy genuine watches. What's the point of buying fake ones to show off? Come on you may review all of my previous post, I even have micro brands that I'm not ashamed of.

Anyway this will be the last time I will try to defend my stance in this forum, I will not even try to reply or argue anymore with anyone. It is just so disappointing how people start to shrug off newbies just because they based their conclusions through photos. I even lost my motivation to probably post here again as this might not be the friendliest of forums I have visited, there might be better ones but at least I got a hard lesson learned and for that I thank you. Thank you as well to the ones who tried to defend my side especially Mr Ernie Romers himself.

Just a last note before I rest my case, I was able to capture a photo of my acknowledgement receipt with AP during the time that I had it B1 tested for the 3 year warranty. For those who are still doubting another proof for you. If you think that I fabricated this letter as well then I will no longer try to argue that. I leave this issue to be handled by the moderators here from here on out.

In the world of watches, you should not buy stuff to impress others but to satisfy one's self. I will enjoy these watches of mine and will be ever thankful I was able to afford it. Well you can't please everyone right? I just hope that those who had the guts to question mine were able to own one of these at least. Cheers and have a nice day!

#350 ·
I too can't see what's the problem with that APROO. To the OP i would have taken a pic of the case backs of my Diver & APROO and even posted its original paperwork here (may be hid the serial No.) if i was accused publicly with posting replicas by strangers on a forum, but that's just me of course.

#353 ·
We do authentication all the time in TAGHeuer. Over time we have seen that rarely is a fake claimed to be genuine... but far more frequently genuine is declared to be a fake.
Over time we have found just saying something is a fake is not good enough. It is not instructive to most and does not give a basis for the claim so that it can be evaluated.

If reasons are given, then it can be discussed. And a consensus can be approached. If no reasons are given then it becomes an ego display with arguments from authority.