WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

INCOMING!! A. LANGE Perpetual Calendar model 310.032!

3K views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  blowfish89 
#1 ·
This is my first Perpetual Calendar piece. Comprised of 478 parts and 43 jewels, the movement is spectacularly finished, as everyone would expect from Lange. This model has a "zero-reset" feature, which sends the seconds hand to 0 when the crown is pulled out, so the watch can be more accurately set. Interestingly, Lange is one of the extreme few than even offer a seconds hand on a Perpetual Calendar piece...Journe, Patek, Audemars and Vacheron don't even bother with it strangely enough. Lange was the first to offer a Perpetual Calendar watch in which all displays can be set individually, via inset push pieces, or collectively via the main push piece located at 10 o'clock. The lunar disc is sculpted from 18k gold, and is accurate for 122.6 years. It has a 46 hour power reserve, with a 21k gold rotor with Platinum outside weight for efficiency. I think it's likely the finest Perpetual out there. Enjoy!

See less See more
#8 ·
That is a stunner! Don't forget to show it to us on your wrist when it arrives.
I've had it in hand since Thursday. Wrist shots coming soon!

38.5mm diameter, 10.2mm thick.

It is a stunning piece to be sure, huge congratulations... but with regards to other brands and seconds hands, I have a Patek 3970 and 5970 which both have seconds hands.

I was speaking of Perpetual Calendar only. Of course Chrono Perpetuals will have a seconds hand. HA!

Reactions: mlcor
#15 ·
Absolutely exquisite, congrats! I could spend hours looking at that movement. I love the idea of the "zero-reset" feature.

Does anyone know what this piece is?

Close-up Silver Metal Fashion accessory Macro photography

#16 ·
That is an lever that stops the balance wheel from spinning. There is a cam placed on the seconds wheel, and when the crown is pulled out, another lever presses against the cam (which is oblong) and sends the seconds hand back to 0. When the crown is pushed in, the lever comes off the balance wheel and the watch starts running, from 0.

#21 ·
Wow just wow!

Sent from paradise!

#24 ·
Congratulations! A stunning piece indeed. Can't wait to see your wrist shot!

By the way, one more example of a Perpetual Calendar Only watch with a second hands is my beloved grail watch, Endeavour Perpetual Calendar from H. Moser & Cie ;-)

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Reactions: Ayreonaut
#27 ·
Thanks! More pics coming soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.