Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Launching in the USA: Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Watchuseek Editor

Launching in the USA: Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph

Name:  Vacheron Constantin Overseas.jpg
Views: 7394
Size:  190.6 KB

First launched in 1996, Vacheron Constantin introduces a sleek new chronograph to the Overseas collection. It features a deep blue dial and is fitted with matching leather and rubber straps.

The new model’s deep blue dial is enhanced by luminescent hands and hour-markers for easy legibility. VC’s familiar Maltese Cross logo is placed just beneath the large doube date window at 12 o’clock The case-back is engraved with the three-masted sailing vessel the Amerigo Vespucci.

All Overseas chronographs are water resistant to 15 bar (around 150 metres), as well as having anti-magnetic protection certified to 25,000 A/m (compared with the standard 4,000 A/m) This is due to a soft iron cage shielding the movement from the effects of magnetic fields.

The watch runs on a Calibre 1137 mechanical self-winding chronograph movement featuring 183 parts, a 40-hour power reserve and a frequency of 21,600 vibrations per hour.

Name:  d82c948f4f.jpg
Views: 3112
Size:  197.5 KB

In addition to showing the hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock and the chronograph functions – sweep seconds hand, 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock and 12-hour counter at 9 o’clock – this model also provides a large date display through a twin aperture at 12 o’clock.

The new Overseas Chronograph is 42 mm in diameter and the case comes with two dark blue straps: one in vulcanised rubber and the other in alligator leather.

Name:  c45b744430.jpg
Views: 3112
Size:  168.4 KB

A triple-blade, twin-pusher steel folding clasp guarantees both security and comfort on the wrist for the wearer of this sporty watch.

The new chronograph will be available exclusively in the United States and in Vacheron Constantin boutiques as of late 2013, before making an appearance worldwide from the summer of 2014 onwards.

Visit the Vacheron Constantin website
    Last edited by Michael Weare; November 12th, 2013 at 06:00.
    Hammondo and davidtsee like this.

Re: Launching in the USA: Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph

the Calibre 1137 mechanical automatic chronograph movement is based on FP (Frederic piguet) caliber
    and is not in-house caliber, that means hasn't Hallmark of Geneva.
    because all in-house caliber from VC have the Hallmark of Geneva. and they are 26 calibers.

Yes 1137 is FP 1185, and is the thinnest integrated chronograph movement in the World! Why change it? If it is a proven movement.
    not12bhere likes this.
    Jorge
    Patek Phillippe - Rolex
    Hidden Content

Quite like the look of that. Still have an empty spot in the space designated for a blue dial in my collection. Need to see it in person.

It looks GREAT, apart from the specific package and accessories, what's new exactly? I tried one on a few weeks ago, and except for the metal bracelet I don't see any difference...

Quote Originally Posted by heuerolexomega View Post
    Yes 1137 is FP 1185, and is the thinnest integrated chronograph movement in the World! Why change it? If it is a proven movement.
    Right VC had not changed it but they make the watch with Antimagnetism until 25000 A/M and that is more than Rolex Milgauss or the new Omega .

Quote Originally Posted by shartouh View Post
    Right VC had not changed it but they make the watch with Antimagnetism until 25000 A/M and that is more than Rolex Milgauss or the new Omega .
    Even better!
    Jorge
    Patek Phillippe - Rolex
    Hidden Content

Hi, does anyone know if I can change the metal bracelet of this watch for the alligator strap? Is it something I can do myself? I was able to do that on my Patek 5146 but I'm not sure about this one. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 9xmenx View Post
    Hi, does anyone know if I can change the metal bracelet of this watch for the alligator strap? Is it something I can do myself? I was able to do that on my Patek 5146 but I'm not sure about this one. Thanks!
    yes you can, you can even have the 3 of them: metal, leather and rubber

I have 2: leather and rubber. Who knows I might add the bracelet someday
    Jorge
    Patek Phillippe - Rolex
    Hidden Content

Hi Jorge, do you know how do I go about getting the alligator strap? I searched online but didn't find it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information