WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

My New Baby Vacheron Constantin

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  GOLDEN GIRL 
#1 · (Edited)
I Sold my Omega 1968 to a collector in Canada & was going to bank the cash,,,,, but THEN this beauty popped up SO I bought it.
My Wife just shakes her head & smiles at my weakness for beautiful things (thats why I married her 54 years ago, she beautiful)

Anyway here it is.

Fashion accessory Bangle Watch Jewellery Metal
Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Material property Strap
Fashion accessory Jewellery Yellow Electric blue Gold

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: My New Baby Vacheron Constantine

Very cool!!! Especially love the lapis dial.

Elegant watch. I know someone in your household will really enjoy wearing that beauty. Seeing as you have a wife, and that watch is so gorgeous, it's hard to say whether it'll be you or she. I bet what she was smiling about when that one showed up was the thought that "OMG...the man has finally bought one I want to wear too." LOL Have you two worked out the division of wrist time?

You are a far braver, and potentially more magnanimous, man than I. I have never been able to buy one damn thing with stones on it that my wife or lady at the time hasn't also found a way to co-opt into their sartorial repertoire. My ex wife once had a few shirts made for herself just so she could wear my formal cufflinks and studs as somewhat smart casual blouses with some "bling." (the shirts have button holes, but no buttons) She even would mix and match studs from different sets. My ex and I are, well, exes, yet my diamond studs routinely see more duty as decorative accessories in the buttonholes my lady's "everyday" blouses, and sometimes in the buttonholes of my own shirts' that she wears casually, than on my chest at formal events. I finally gave up trying to have a few stones all my own. LOL

All the best.

Doomed is the man whose wife wants not only his money, but also his watches! LOL
-- Tony20009

#6 ·
Maybe its a result of the quartz crisis but the 70s seems to have produced some very distinctive designs. I'll never forget the first time I saw a Nautilus in a shop window (and not knowing a lot about watches at the time) and thought "thats a cool 70s retro alternative to a Rolex". I proceeded to ask the price and realized that it would be a little while before that was an alternative for me :) It seems to have been a time when VC created some designs that were modern but retained a refined elegance. I'm not sure they are exactly my style but I am happy to admire from afar. Congrats!

#7 ·
Maybe its a result of the quartz crisis but the 70s seems to have produced some very distinctive designs. I'll never forget the first time I saw a Nautilus in a shop window (and not knowing a lot about watches at the time) and thought "thats a cool 70s retro alternative to a Rolex". I proceeded to ask the price and realized that it would be a little while before that was an alternative for me :) It seems to have been a time when VC created some designs that were modern but retained a refined elegance. I'm not sure they are exactly my style but I am happy to admire from afar. Congrats!
The '70s did do that, but, IMO, it resulted from designers having done so well in the 60's that there was no place to go but down in most cases. (Clearly there are exceptions.) Come the '80s, designers opted largely to regurgitate the charm, glamor and flair of the '30s and '40s. Frankly, I think if there's any score of years from the 20th century to emulate, that was it because the gloom and doom of the post-Depression years and the WWII years inspired a big drive to instill excitement. That excitement is seen in nearly all the upscale visuals from that era; subdued was definitely not the theme of the day. LOL

All the best.

Reactions: schrop
#16 ·
Quick tip... you should have the option to "Reply with Quote" (or some other "quote" button if you're not using the main website). Then you can respond as I did here, including the quote of the person you're responding to. That makes it clear, versus your posts above where it's not clear.

Oh... and nice watch! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.