New Arrival: Patek Philippe Gondolo 5124G-001 - Page 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Arrival: Patek Philippe Gondolo 5124G-001

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: New Arrival: Patek Philippe Gondolo 5124G-001

Congrats on a beautiful, unique Patek. Much more interesting and versatile than a typical Calatrava.

Rich

nicely done. although for this type of money, you could have gotten yourself a very nice JLC Reverso with all sorts of complications.

root beer color looks pretty sweet!
    newb watch collector/high-end watch admirer

Big congrats! Finally I know your choice and it's a great one.

Hi Bob (and everyone in WUS)

This is my first post in WUS. I had been reading posts from various forum members since 2012 when I first started collecting high end watches. I am more active in PuristSPro but find WUS just as great!

Bob, congrats on the PP Gondolo! It's a very nice piece and I feel it suits you very well and complements your other pieces in your collection. It's different from the Breguet 5177 on many fronts so great choice! I also like the form movement of the PP Gondolo alot.

Actually, I have never written to you before but I would like to thank you for contributing to my interest in haute horology and how I choose watches. You had a big influence on me in a way, even though we have never met (profile-wise, I am based in Singapore, just turned 35 and very new in high end watches).

I started wanting to buy my first high end watch in Sep 2012 and wanted a simple dress watch to start. I chanced on your post on how you arrived at your Breguet 5177 (in various forums) and what a post it was! Thanks for sharing how you choose a watch in the end. I tapped on your experience and referenced your highly methodological method to evaluate my choices (rather than rely solely on my amateurish emotions). In the end, I chose the VC Patrimony Traditionnelle in rose gold (I posted my choice in VC forum in PuristSPro) but like you, the Breguet 5177, Lange Saxonia and PP Calatravas came close.

I have since gotten a brand new Patek 5146R in Dec 2012 and a preowned first version Lange Datograph platinum in Apr 2013. Both watches were evaluated carefully against similarly priced competitors and I am so thankful there are forums to help me learn more instead of me buying on impulse. My next watch (few months time) will be a steel sports watch (same old Breguet Marine vs VC Overseas vs PP Nautilus, etc - leaning to Breguet as of now) - lots of posts on this topic here already for me to read and learn (and ultimately go on the lonely but 100% self-satisfied path of choosing THE ONE).

Again, when you started posting on your next high end watch (VC vs GO vs PP this time), I followed your posts in various forums because it was always interesting. Thanks for sharing once again your choice on the PP Gondolo and the wonderful pictures you took. Wear it in the best of health!

Cheers,
    Robin Wong
    GETS likes this.

That's a handsome piece indeed Bob. But I would've put money on your picking the GO.

Name:  sen chron milled dial.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  68.0 KB
    Last edited by aardvarkbark; June 2nd, 2013 at 06:44.

Re: Big congrats! Finally I know your choice and it's a great one.

Robin,

We all find our own ways to build a watch collection. Pit sounds as if you have collected some stunning pieces yourself.

Kudos,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by jrwong23 View Post
    Hi Bob (and everyone in WUS)

This is my first post in WUS. I had been reading posts from various forum members since 2012 when I first started collecting high end watches. I am more active in PuristSPro but find WUS just as great!

Bob, congrats on the PP Gondolo! It's a very nice piece and I feel it suits you very well and complements your other pieces in your collection. It's different from the Breguet 5177 on many fronts so great choice! I also like the form movement of the PP Gondolo alot.

Actually, I have never written to you before but I would like to thank you for contributing to my interest in haute horology and how I choose watches. You had a big influence on me in a way, even though we have never met (profile-wise, I am based in Singapore, just turned 35 and very new in high end watches).

I started wanting to buy my first high end watch in Sep 2012 and wanted a simple dress watch to start. I chanced on your post on how you arrived at your Breguet 5177 (in various forums) and what a post it was! Thanks for sharing how you choose a watch in the end. I tapped on your experience and referenced your highly methodological method to evaluate my choices (rather than rely solely on my amateurish emotions). In the end, I chose the VC Patrimony Traditionnelle in rose gold (I posted my choice in VC forum in PuristSPro) but like you, the Breguet 5177, Lange Saxonia and PP Calatravas came close.

I have since gotten a brand new Patek 5146R in Dec 2012 and a preowned first version Lange Datograph platinum in Apr 2013. Both watches were evaluated carefully against similarly priced competitors and I am so thankful there are forums to help me learn more instead of me buying on impulse. My next watch (few months time) will be a steel sports watch (same old Breguet Marine vs VC Overseas vs PP Nautilus, etc - leaning to Breguet as of now) - lots of posts on this topic here already for me to read and learn (and ultimately go on the lonely but 100% self-satisfied path of choosing THE ONE).

Again, when you started posting on your next high end watch (VC vs GO vs PP this time), I followed your posts in various forums because it was always interesting. Thanks for sharing once again your choice on the PP Gondolo and the wonderful pictures you took. Wear it in the best of health!

Cheers,
    Robin Wong

Quote Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
    That's a handsome piece indeed Bob. But I would've put money on your picking the GO.

Name:  sen chron milled dial.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  68.0 KB
    It was a close call because I really like the GO. In the end, the push button date for an infrequently worn piece was not what I was looking for.

Congrats and thanks for the review! Captivating dial colour. Must have been a long 8 weeks....
    'I reach for my watch from the bedside table and consider the dial - its rectitude, its innocence - then I understand the position of the hands and that, yes, rush-hour traffic will already have begun.' - Deborah Eisenberg, The Flaw in the Design

Quote Originally Posted by GETS View Post
    I respect the fact that you won't tell but I would have a small wager on what you get - and I bet it wasn't the one that won the poll either!!!
    As I said on your other thread! I knew you weren't going for the GO and I really had the feeling you were swaying from the VC!

Congrats on your Patek Bob. You'll love it for many years to come.

A few more shots....

G00dband likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information