WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Patek did something funny

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  InfinityNexus 
#1 ·
So, I was at my local patek dealer last weekend, looking at their (beautiful) watches, when I casually asked the price of the 5711. Now, we were all aware that patek had reduced their prices around 8% in the USA, but what I found out is that they did it in Canada too (for those who aren`t aware, our dollar is depreciated vs the USD by around 20%) !
What they meant was that a 5711 was *gulp* $27000 CAD, which is around $21500 USD according to the current exchange rate. I couldn`t believe it! Granted, I can`t say I was ready to throw money on the table, but it was definitely tempting me, because it was the lowest the 5711 has been in a while. Then, she told me the price was going up to $30700 on July 1st (today) *sigh*
Anyway, just thought I would share my astonishment =p

#2 ·
$21500 USD seems like a bargain (for that watch anyway - still a crazy amount of money to me) - cheaper than any grey market price I've seen. And that was the MSRP? So there was a chance to negotiate lower?

#3 ·
HTML:
That was the MSRP ya, but I can guarantee there was no negotiating room. In fact, the watch would need to be ordered in for NEXT year. That being said, you`re saying enough =p also note that Canada has a 5% general sales tax and then Quebec has a 10% provincial sales tax (the latter is dropped if the watch is shipped out of province/country)

#6 ·
Well, I suppose now you know more precisely what you should target as a discounted purchase price if you find yourself buying one before they can move out their 5711 inventory that was acquired under the now old price points. <winks>

All the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.