Suggestions: High-End Sport Model Watch For Small Wrists
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: Suggestions: High-End Sport Model Watch For Small Wrists

Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Suggestions: High-End Sport Model Watch For Small Wrists

If everything goes to plan I will be picking up a Breguet Classique 5930 this weekend. As such, my attention is turning to my next watch (which will not be purchased for a number of years, but I like having a goal). I would like a high-end sport watch, something like the Breguet Marine or VC Overseas (latest model); a "basic" three-hander. While the Marine is too big for my wrist on a strap, I would like to try it on a bracelet to see if it is a better fit. I am also looking forward to trying on the VC Overseas (although from what I gather it may be too large for my wrist).

As such, what similar watches are suitable for people like me with small wrists?

Edit: I should add I am not interested in purchasing a Rolex.
    Last edited by TJMike; February 21st, 2017 at 07:53.
    Nietzsche_Darko likes this.

Re: Suggestions: High-End Sport Model Watch For Small Wrists

How small are your wrist?
    You want it on bracelet or rubber (not gonna say leather since you said sport model)?
    Price range?

I made a post not too long ago asking for <$15k on rubber and under 40mm. Might be worth a glance through to see all the suggestions other members gave. Below are just some suggestions off the top of my head.

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak
    -15450 is the 37mm (If the Breguet Marine is too big at 39mm, this would probably be the only one)
    -15300 is the 39mm
    -15202 is the 2 hander ultra thin 39mm
    -15400 is the 41mm

Patek Phillipe Aquanaut
    -5165 is the 38mm
    -5167 is the 40mm
    -5164 is the dual time 40.5mm (I think that's the diameter)

Piaget Polo S
    -42mm on rubber or bracelet

Hublot Classic Fusion
    -38mm version would probably fit you well
    tigerpac likes this.

Thanks for your suggestions; I will check out your thread. My wrists are 6 1/4 inches on a good day.

I would want the watch most likely on a bracelet and price range at this stage no more than $20,000 (price of the VC Overseas).

I do not like the design of the Aquanaut, Polo S, or Fusion. I was just checking the Royal Oak 37mm (I did not realize AP made a unisex size). When I first saw the Royal Oak I thought the design was absolutely hideous. However, the more photos I have seen of it browsing this website, the more I am warming to it. I will certainly be visiting an AP store in the future.

Once again, thank you.
    Last edited by TJMike; February 21st, 2017 at 07:46.

Blanpain FF, with NATO strap?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Quote Originally Posted by kenkls View Post
    Blanpain FF, with NATO strap?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送
    I do not like the date at four o'clock or divers. However, thank you for the suggestion.

I thought the Royal Oak was hideous at first. Then some pictures caught my eyes. Saw it in person and was blown away.

My wrist is also 6.25" but fairly flat. I think the marine fit me but those lugs did get close to the edge of my limit.

If you want bracelet, AP and VC are well regarded in that department. With your wrist size, I fear that the overseas is too large.

Blancpain is releasing a 38.5mm bathyscaphe in blue at Basel I believe. They also have the Lemen which I believe is also smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by m0c021 View Post
    I thought the Royal Oak was hideous at first. Then some pictures caught my eyes. Saw it in person and was blown away.

My wrist is also 6.25" but fairly flat. I think the marine fit me but those lugs did get close to the edge of my limit.

If you want bracelet, AP and VC are well regarded in that department. With your wrist size, I fear that the overseas is too large.

Blancpain is releasing a 38.5mm bathyscaphe in blue at Basel I believe. They also have the Lemen which I believe is also smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I am in no rush, so I have plenty of time to decide and then rethink my decision :)

There is something about a Royal Oak (and congrats on your new piece!). Unfortunately, no AD in my city, but once again no rush.

If I remember correctly the Marine just fit me but it was the absolutely limit. However, the lugs looked way too big and the strap was on the last notch. I am hoping that the bracelet version will integrate the lugs more seamlessly.

I also fear that the Overseas is too large.

^^^ If you found the Marine to be at the cusp of acceptable size, then the Overseas will certainly feel too big, I agree.
    Core Collection: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP Royal Oak, Breguet Marine, JLC Master Geographic, GO Panomatic, Panerai 688, Rolex Explorer II polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Incoming], [Empty Slot], [Empty Slot]
    Tools: Sinn 103 A sa B, Oris 65, Oris 65mm 42mm blue, Glycine Airman Base 22, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Seiko Orange Monster
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Ventus Mori Brass Diver, Zelos Gallant, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Swatch System 51, Seagull 1963 Reissue, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock
    No more: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007FF, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako Pepsi, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, Panerai 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor Black Bay Black, Longines Legend Diver, Panerai PAM241, Bernhardt Anchor III, WUS GMT project watch, Damasko DB2

Quote Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
    ^^^ If you found the Marine to be at the cusp of acceptable size, then the Overseas will certainly feel too big, I agree.
    Just pile on the misery! Please make sure to do an in-depth review of the Overseas when you buy it to make me feel worse :)

I understand "basic three hander" (gotcha) and your wrist size constraint, but "sports watch" means different things to different people. How robust to water does it need to be? What about shock and vibration? Is case marring ruggedness important? What about night time visibility? The typical names such as AP Royal Oak, Breguet Marine, PP Nautilus (or an Aquanaut) and VC Overseas will be of course mentioned. Depending on the above, I might recommend one or these OR NOT. Factory watches by IWC, Omega, Rolex or others might be more appropriate suggestions. If you better define what is important to you, a suggestion might be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by TJMike View Post
    If everything goes to plan I will be picking up a Breguet Classique 5930 this weekend. As such, my attention is turning to my next watch (which will not be purchased for a number of years, but I like having a goal). I would like a high-end sport watch, something like the Breguet Marine or VC Overseas (latest model); a "basic" three-hander. While the Marine is too big for my wrist on a strap, I would like to try it on a bracelet to see if it is a better fit. I am also looking forward to trying on the VC Overseas (although from what I gather it may be too large for my wrist).

As such, what similar watches are suitable for people like me with small wrists?

Edit: I should add I am not interested in purchasing a Rolex.
    __________________________________________________ __________________

AUDEMARS PIGUET | BLANCPAIN | DAMASKO | GRAND SEIKO | ROLEX

Page 1 of 54 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information