WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Thoughts on AP RO Diver as a daily wearer

4K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Reinhard Immanuel 
#1 ·
Would you consider a AP ROO Diver to be a nice daily wearer in a non-buisness attire,mostly outdoor environment setting.Or are they considered to be a "drinks by the pool/beach weekend"only type of watch?
I know this is somewhat subjective but I would like to hear your thoughts.

#2 ·
I see it all the time. It's a great casual watch.

#4 ·
I see it all the time. It's a great casual watch.
Off Topic:
Wow! Either you live a very charmed life or spend all your time around folks who do. LOL

All the best.

#3 ·
I think an ROO is fine for the noted activities for, IMO, once one gets less dressy than business dress any watch one wears is perfectly fine to wear for that occasion. In such situations, it's a matter of what one feels comfortable wearing, not whether that watch is appropriate to the situation.

All the best.

Reactions: Richerson
#9 ·
Well said Sir! As for the durability I do believe it will eventually acquire that lived in look which is fine with me.I read a review somewere from an owner that stated the bezel top of ROO being brushed stainless doesn't show marks that bad but on the polished sides of the bezel its another story.

#8 ·
I used to wear a ROO as a daily wear for couple years. It gets scratched and I am proud of it

It gives the watch character but I don't consider it a beater because i do try not to bang it on metal doors.

If you can afford it, wear it proud.
If you can't but love the watch. Still get it.

Put it this way. If you can't give it character, let it give you character.

All the best

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

#18 ·
I used to wear a ROO as a daily wear for couple years. It gets scratched and I am proud of it

It gives the watch character but I don't consider it a beater because i do try not to bang it on metal doors.

If you can afford it, wear it proud.
If you can't but love the watch. Still get it.

Put it this way. If you can't give it character, let it give you character.

All the best

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送
Completely agree. I daily wear ROOs

#12 ·
I say go for it. The Diver is extremely versatile, especially if you get the matching bracelet to change things up every now and again.

One caution though, the height might get to you after a while, which may make it less than ideal for a daily wearer... YMMV.

#13 ·
I hear you about the height.Thats why I'm torn between this and the VC OSC. AP ROO-60hr. PR and crystal case back.VC-thinner and a little more versatile i feel. Both are stunning in appearance to me. Maybe the overhauled 16' VC OSC will sway me in that direction.Anyway,I don't plan on purchasing until April.By then I hope to have had a chance to try them both.

#14 ·
I've worn my Diver daily for the past couple of years.
Can't see why it couldn't be a daily wear watch, after all if you're going to spend that kind of money you might as well make the most of it :)

That said, when I'm more smartly dressed I prefer to wear a 39mm ROC, as it's more discreet, and fits under the cuff nicely as it's signifcantly thinner.

#17 ·
I don't see why not. I'm looking to rotate between a PAM and eventually an AP ROO when I pick it up. I agree that it's very versatile and should be fine as a daily. I feel that it'll be a better daily than a PAM since the PAM is polished and scratches easily.

#19 ·
Till today, I rotate between two ROO, a Rollie SD and a 5714g. All have character marks. The Patek got its love scar 3 days after I got it while a family member trying to help change my sons diaper. What can you say. .... happens. Wear the watch don't let it wear you.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

#21 ·
By AP Diver I'm assuming you meant the stainless steel version.

I have the stainless steel and the Forged Carbon version and I find myself wearing the Forged Carbon for casual, and the stainless steel one for business or casual business attire.

I'm not sure when this happened... but I now think that all stainless steel (I mean the case and bezel) = serious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.