WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What's your travel watch, and why

9K views 49 replies 35 participants last post by  Dane17 
#1 ·
Here's mine, the JLC Memovox tribute to Deep Sea Alarm. I find the lume, water resistance and alarm useful when I travel.

Here it is in Japan; Miami, FL; and at the pool in Myanmar:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine is a Breitling Colt GMT. Not high end but a perfect travel watch for me.
GMT 2nd time zone is nice without having to reset home time.
Diver-class water resist and stainless steel make sure it can go wherever I go without leaving my wrist. My travels takes me to developing countries sometimes where security in hotel is less than perfect.
And the fact that it's not a Rolex attracts less attention in certain settings.

Attachments

#5 ·
It depends where i am traveling but my all around travel watch--- is actually my muhle glashutte.. It is a light water resitant and dual time -- second time zone as 24h..Great when traveling to other continents. Not too expensive so if in not safest area.. less to worry about

For west to east coast.. PP 5164

Attachments

#6 ·
It depends where i am traveling but my all around travel watch--- is actually my muhle glashutte.. It is a light water resitant and dual time -- second time zone as 24h..Great when traveling to other continents. Not too expensive so if in not safest area.. less to worry about

For west to east coast.. PP 5164
That's a good-looking GMT diver. I like it a lot. The crown's at 4 o'clock, which is pretty unusual; I've only ever seen that on the GP sea-hawk. The date's very unobtrusive and, at 4 o'clock, doesn't ruin the symmetry of the dial. But how come the date background is white on one pic and black on another?

#11 ·
The top image was from a stock photo and the bottom was a wrist shot. I was tired last night when i responded. It is a good point though and I am going to see where the differences are derived from. However I assure you the bottom image is the one i own, Seebataillion

Wow, haha...busted!! The hour and minute hands are totally different too.

#10 ·
Great idea for a thread, love the variety of timepieces featured :) I recently took this EZM 3 on a Himalayan trek. The combination of special technologies (wide temp oils, argon-filled case, copper-sulphate capsule) made it a great choice for travel above 5000m. For other overseas travels, I prefer the VC Overseas!

Attachments

#20 ·
Beautiful VC's!
What is the model of the last wrist shot?

My travel watch also is an Overseas Dual Time

Sent from my 16M

#16 · (Edited)
I always take my club when I travel. Not sure why, it just is a perfect travel companion.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

#18 · (Edited)
My travel watch is an Omega Constellation. It's my travel watch because the Reverso Duo I bought is a manual which proved as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle. I wore the Duo for about a month and three times it "ran out of juice" because I forgot/failed to wind it. I resigned myself to the fact that an old dog can't and doesn't want to change his spots.

I've since ordered a watch that has the GMT complication. It remains to be seen whether I think using the functionality is straightforward enough that I actually use it. I really don't know what I'll think. I do know that 30 years of adding and subtracting 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 16, and so on has made doing so easier than sliding backwards off a greasy log.

I will say that after looking through this thread, I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who's comfortable with simple math.

All the best.

Reactions: heuerolexomega
#19 ·
My travel watch is an Omega Constellation. It's my travel watch because the Reverso Duo I bought is a manual which proved as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle. I wore the Duo for about a month and three times it "ran out of juice" because I forgot/failed to wind it. I resigned myself to the fact that an old dog can't and doesn't want to change his spots.

I've since ordered a watch that has the GMT complication. It remains to be seen whether I think using the functionality is straightforward enough that I actually use it. I really don't know what I'll think. I do know that 30 years of adding and subtracting 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 16, and so on has made doing so easier than sliding backwards off a greasy log.

I will say that after looking through this thread, I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who's comfortable with simple math.

All the best.
That's an interesting point. I've never brought my GMT or world-timer overseas, mainly because I find them too flashy, and I have never had any problem figuring out home-time mentally. But who knows? It might happen in the future.

I don't have a hand-wound watch but I can imagine having the same problem as you, especially when on a red-eye flight. As useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle, you say? I like that one.

What GMT watch did you get?

#21 ·
I usually bring a couple but while actually traveling it's most likely going to be my PF Hemispheres. This is in DC visiting the fam. Watch Auto part Fashion accessory Machine Wrist

I used to like wearing my explorer 1655 when traveling. Sadly I don't have a picture on my new phone of that beauty!

Reactions: dbsylvia and sheon
#25 ·
So much love for the GMT II and i can understand that, that's my travel watch too nowadays together with the Explorer II.

#27 ·
All depends on the trip. Right now I'm on an unexpected non-business related trip so the GMT-Master works. If it were a mix of business and leisure I'd probably go with something like the JLC Reverso, Grande GMT

If if it were business only, then the Breguet Tradition GMT would make the journey.
Beauties, all of them. Do you travel with the world-timer?

So much love for the GMT II and i can understand that, that's my travel watch too nowadays together with the Explorer II.
That last shot's very evocative.

#28 ·
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

I have travelled a few times with my World Time. The last time was to London, where I planned to pick up an alternative short strap whilst there on business. PP have temporarily moved from their Bond Street premises to Brown's Hotel due to renovation works. My email request for the short strap "fell through the cracks" due to the move and they took about a month to respond. They were so apologetic that they gave me the additional strap at no cost. Nice to see that there are companies that still continue to offer great service and appreciate their customers.

#34 ·
I have travelled a few times with my World Time. The last time was to London, where I planned to pick up an alternative short strap whilst there on business. PP have temporarily moved from their Bond Street premises to Brown's Hotel due to renovation works. My email request for the short strap "fell through the cracks" due to the move and they took about a month to respond. They were so apologetic that they gave me the additional strap at no cost. Nice to see that there are companies that still continue to offer great service and appreciate their customers.
I love the guilloche patten on the dial, and that hour hand - sublime.

I've taken an OS to 7000m on Cerro Aconcagua in South America. It worked fine for the brief time spent on top, just a bit heavy with the bracelet.
Ah yes, I've seen that photo. Talk about not baby-ing one's watches! :)

Depending on where I am going, any one of the following:

GS GMT

Explorer II

PP 5164

JLC Grand GMT
You, sir, have got choices! I'm assuming you're alluding to the safety of your various destinations?

#37 ·
I used to travel with the Breitling B1 with UTC module. What's not to like - 4 time zones, 2 usable alarms, perpetual calendar, 2 count-down timers, can take a beating and looks good - motorcycle trips and Ducati track days, flying small airplanes over the Rockies, overseas travel for all occasions ... but on a recent trip to NYC I wore the Nautilus 5712 - even made it to the Patek service center to have the bracelet re-sized. Very nice folks there. :)

#40 ·
One push of a button is all it takes. Under the radar, too.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Reactions: tobytobes and sheon
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.