WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

375$ to Spend on Crap Designer watches at WatchStation.com. help!!!!!!!!

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Dapuma 
#1 ·
Long story short, I came in contact with a 375$ gift card to watchstation.com. Unfortunately, that is a straight up online fashion watch market. Dammit!!!

I am trying to sell that gift card (even for 300$) on Facebook market places, but no one is really bitting it. I will not go any lower and I do not want to risk selling it on eBay.

I'm starting to feel like maybe it's best to use it because I could get several nice looking watches added to my collection which so far consist of just the Alpinist. However, I would like to use it on something worth using it on that website but I don't know what's good. Is there really no good quartz watch on that website??? Maybe invest in their smartwatches? any decent brands?

Any suggestion of the specific watch i could invest in on that site or what to do with that gift card would be appreciated very much. Thanks ahead of time!

#2 ·
I'd have a look at the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 seriers. It sports Fossil's STP1-11 movement, which is reported to be a decent movement.

If you are interested in the Zodiac model, I'd hold off on the purchase until WatchStation has one of their revolving discount offers applicable on the watch, maybe Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Tony

#3 · (Edited)
Yeah, when I read the OP, I was thinking that I was recently in a WatchStation store at an outlet and tried on the Zodiac. The rest of the store was unwearable, but that Zodiac was nice and the price was lower than almost all online prices I have seen. I would apply that gift card to the Seawolf and call it a day.

(Edit: Not sure what is going on, but the site lists the Seawolf at the MSRP - over $1K. In store I was quoted just under $550 with tax)

#4 ·
Your right! I called the WatchStation Outlet in SF and they said they have the zodiac watches and had a sale going on @ 60% off everything, so total was about $570ish total (I think they supposedly always have a sale). Since it is more than what I have in the gift card, I'll have to put at least 200$ additional of my own money with the 375$ to get the seawolf.

Realistically though, do you think that the zodiac watches are worth their value at around $400-600 (this price is around the price with the discount at the outlet and on eBay). I don't believe they are at their MSRP, but at the discounted price, it feels like a bargain when compared to the MSRP, but are there maybe other watches around the 400-500$ price range that might actually be a lot better.

I'm not to sure but if you know the answer and it is yes, then I might honestly be better off just lowering the price on the 375$ gift card to 250$ or 200$ and then have a total of 200 -250$ gained from the gift card when I surely sell it plus add my own 200$ and get a 400-500$ range watch that could be a lot better than the zodiac seawolf. I just don't know though how the zodiacs stack up to those mid-entry level watches at the 500$ range.

The msrp of the Zodiac makes the watch feel like I'd be getting a whole lot of bang for the buck, but that msrp is coming from a fashion watch company and might be blown out of proportion like their cheap quarts. I just don't know. Thank you guys so much for the feedback you guys have given me.

#5 ·
10PieceChicken,

If you like the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 line, then jump on the $570 price ($200 out of pocket). You will not find a better watch for that price, mechanically speaking.

Here are some links to the STP1-11 movement
- Watchguy
- ablogtowatch

If on the other hand you do not find the Zodiac attractive, don't buy it. Any amount you pay will be wasted if the watch is not worn....

My 2cents,
Tony

Ps. I personally find it very attractive it's a reissue of a Zodiac diver from the 60's

#8 ·
10PieceChicken,

If you like the Zodiac Super Sea Wolf 53 line, then jump on the $570 price ($200 out of pocket). You will not find a better watch for that price, mechanically speaking.

Here are some links to the STP1-11 movement

If on the other hand you do not find the Zodiac attractive, don't buy it. Any amount you pay will be wasted if the watch is not worn....

My 2cents,
Tony

Ps. I personally find it very attractive it's a reissue of a from the 60's
Thank you for the knowledge, I had no idea. Also, I do believe that watch does look pretty nice, so I think I might just go for it. I thought the seawolf 53 compression version looks pretty cool too but if the skin version is the iconic 60s one, I think I willl go with that one instead. And I guess I could I always sell the sea wolf for 500$ if I ever decide to flip it. That actually seems doable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.