So What's Not To Like About Fossil?
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: So What's Not To Like About Fossil?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

In my early days of watch collecting, several years ago, I was buying Timex, Orient, Seiko, Citizen, and Fossil (along with a few others). The majority of of my Timex and Fossil buys were quartz. So, I still have a lot of affordable watches in my collection (and a couple of expensive ones) and have recently been selling or flipping a few. At the same time, I have bought a few Timex Expeditions and a few Fossils. I am just really attracted to the affordable watches. In flipping some of these, I have noticed that the Fossils seem to go really fast. I have had no trouble in selling a Fossil in just a couple of days, and for close to what I paid for them. Then I started thinking, what's not to like about Fossils? I have never had one fail to run properly, there are many attractive colors and styles to choose from, they are not terribly expensive, they are easy to sell, and they hold their value reasonably well.
    cottontop
    Last edited by cottontop; April 11th, 2016 at 19:20. Reason: brief addition
    "If at first you don't succeed, keep on suckin' 'til you do suck seed." Curly Howard

Re: So What's Not To Like About Fossil?

I am in the middle of rehabbing my Fossil collection right now. I have about five and I have been eyeing getting a new one since going into my local Fossil store and chatting up one of their employees who happened to be a secret WIS. I have been planning to make a dedicated thread about them soon.

I've collected them since I was a teenager. I enjoy their style and price/quality ratio. They have always been "a nice watch" to most people, who recognize the brand name.

I think as long as you understand what you're getting, which is a decent quality fashion quartz, then they are a great value.
    cottontop and Wibbs like this.

Can't stand some Fossil models - pretty cheap design and quality. But some are really well-done.

I also like Fossil but especially the bracelets. I have a Steinhart, Victorinox and two Tissots all on bracelets and none of them are as comfortable as the two Fossils I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Houls; April 14th, 2016 at 15:22.

Just bought this one today. Didn't plan to, but walked into the Fossil Outlet store...and there it was. Fossil Haywood with a great leather band for like $57.00

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
    cottontop, schieper, Wibbs and 4 others like this.
    My Collection:
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m 2542.80
    Oris Artix GT Day Date Model 01 735 7662 4154-07 8 21 85
    TAG Heuer Formula 1 CAH1110
    Zodiac Z03008 Oceanaire
    Seiko ​SKX175 Pepsi Diver | SNE107P1 Solar Diver
    Citizen Calibre2100 AV0031-59A
    Tissot PR200 162/262
    Bulova Adventurer 96B134 | 96B231 Military UHF | 96B250 Manchester United Club Watch
    Timex Expedition T49891
    Invicta 9937OB | Specialty Rose Gold 1429
    Momentum M1 Deep 6 Professional
    Fossil FS4851 The Agent

That case and dial combination are terrific. I haven't seen that model at all online or in any of the stores around here.

Happened to need some pants, so was at the mall today, where there was a Fossil store of the Outlet variety there.

Kind of a bummer! Apparently they have quite a few models that are outlet exclusive and not online. Most had some weird parts though, like chronographs with dive bezels. One I thought I liked, a Speedmaster-ish homage with an eye-catching red tach bezel, had a cental running second hand while the chrono seconds were at 6 and minutes at 9. No hours because the subdial at 12 was just a 24 hour indicator.

Then I thought I found one. A silver-dialed three hander, with a triple date window and a pepsi bezel. Had a great band with blue stitching! $115, half off, so $57. Unfortunately, they had three copies in the store, and all of them had dings on their bezels. I asked if they would knock a few bucks off for a scratch and dent. (Every watch in the outlet was 50% off, and if the model was outlet exclusive, then $57 was the price it started at IMO.) The employee straight up said no. What a drag. Then she even said "It's nothing really major, hard to notice..." I noticed the dings after holding the watch in my hand for 5 seconds!
    Davidka likes this.

Banned

Absolutely nothing.

To each their own....Fossil offers some good looking watches at low prices. I personally like Fossil, because they are often the watches that get people interested in watches
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1462155679292.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  34.5 KB Beautiful bracelet and great time keeping. Having it for past years without any problem
    Mediocre likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information