Breitling Production Date Codes
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By O2AFAC67

Thread: Breitling Production Date Codes

Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator O2AFAC67's Avatar

Breitling Production Date Codes

The production date of your modern Breitling is found by removing the bracelet or strap and noting the 4 digit code which is VERY, VERY lightly engraved using a VERY small character font on the case between the "south" interhorns. The four digit number is decoded in the same way as the manufacture date code found on the underside of the bracelet on or near the end links next to the case. There are a couple more alphanumeric characters next to the date code but the date code is indeed quite obvious. My EVO has a manufacture code of 4906 (49th week in 2006) and its Pilot bracelet has a code of 0507 (5th week in 2007). The manufacture date code is present on every Breitling watch I have which was built after 2000 but I havn't looked at my earlier pieces to verify the code is present. I know for certain it is present on some bracelets as far back as 1994. It would of course be only coincidental (and extremely unlikely) for the watch and bracelet to have the same manufacture date code. This system is also used as an excellent indication of a Breitling's authenticity. A knowledgable buyer may also use the code as a negotiating factor with a seller. For example, an EBay seller has the original box and papers for a piece proving he bought an A13355 Crosswind in 2004, the last year of its manufacture. The watch could possibly have been NOS (New Old Stock) and may have been in his dealer's inventory since 2000. The watch is of course likely to need routine service a commensurate amount of time earlier. Hope this information helps....
    Cheers,
    Ron
    Last edited by O2AFAC67; May 5th, 2012 at 19:08.
    Hidden Content

" The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea "

Click to view: Hidden Content or... Hidden Content

Thread Information