Emergency Update news

Thread: Emergency Update news

Lou

Emergency Update news

Well heres a reply to an email sent to my contact at BUK...

"
    Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your Breitling Emergency. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my reply, I have been waiting for a response from Breitling Switzerland.

Breitling Switzerland have confirmed that the Emergency model will no longer be available with effect from 15th August 2010, unfortunately the production of the integrated circuits for the transmitters is no longer feasible with the technology conceived in 1995.

They have however confirmed that the after-sales service of this Emergency model will be maintained for many years as it is for all other discontinued models.

With regards to the future, a new product is now under development, but since very innovative technologies are required, no reliable schedule for the new launch is possible at the moment"

I hope this sheds some light on previous debates whether the Emergency will be catered for.
    Cheers then

Lou

Hidden Content
    Current Breitlings.

Super Avenger White
    Avenger Seawolf White SS
    Emergency Mission MkII Black
    Hercules White
    Montbrillant Legende 18k Two Tone White

Previous: Colt Auto, B2, Ti Seawolf, Chronomatic, Chronmatic 24hr ltd, B1+Utc, Skyracer, Skyland, SOH, Super Avenger Blk Dial, Emergency+Utc

Semper Fidelis

Re: Emergency Update news

Thanks for that Lou.
    I guess this issue has just accelerated Breitling's program (which they must have already had in place) to replace the current Emergency model. IMO, it was looking a little tired anyway.
    I wonder what the new model will look like? Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long.
    Brgds,
    Capt
    Hidden Content There are no pockets in shrouds

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    They have however confirmed that the after-sales service of this Emergency model will be maintained for many years as it is for all other discontinued models.
    So I wonder if that will be in line with the typical quartz service support period, ~20 years after production has ended?

I guess many will never really know for the transmitter, its not exactly obvious if it doesn't transmit at full strength, only that it works on the tester. The watch movement should be good for years to come though
    My little collection:
    Breitling Airwolf (turbine dial)
    Breitling Ti Seawolf
    Rolex Sub ND

It would be great if Breitliing made replacement modules for the current E with the new technology.

Quote Originally Posted by letsjet View Post
    It would be great if Breitliing made replacement modules for the current E with the new technology.
    That would be a pretty streamlined approach. Probably the best idea, but I wonder if the new tech will fit into the old case.
    -RJ Hidden Content

Breitling Superocean II
    Breitling Navitimer
    Breitling Avenger Skyland
    Breitling Colt II Auto
    Breitling Superocean Steelfish

Panerai 320
    Locman Tonneau
    G-Shock DW-5600WC-1ER

G-Shock DW-6900R-7

I've been widow shopping here in Southampton and saw 3 emergencies in shop windows.
    Bell & Ross BR03-51 GMT - Hidden Content Bremont Martin Baker II - Hidden Content Breitling Seawolf Ti - Blue Dial (Thanks Dad) - Hidden Content , Breitling Super Avenger Blacksteel Limited Edition - Hidden Content
    Sinn U1 Hidden Content , Benarus Sea Devil (PVD/Blue Dial) - Hidden Content , Benarus Meg 500 (Brushed/Black Dial), - Hidden Content , Tissot MotoGP 2008 Limited Edition (Yellow Strap)
    Tissot MotoGP 2006 Nicky Hayden Limited Edition (Orange Strap),
    Oakley D1 Blue & D1 Black / Oakley Crush Yellow Dial / Oakley Detonator Red Dial
    IKE Lifestyle Green Strap

This is great news. And I can say with 100% certainty (assumed) that Breitling will NOT retrofit any older Emergency with new technology. There isn't any money in it for them. Selling new watches is where the money is.

Thread Information