How much does Breitling modify their ETA movements in comparison to Omega, Tag Heuer, IWC? - Page 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: How much does Breitling modify their ETA movements in comparison to Omega, Tag Heuer, IWC?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: How much does Breitling modify their ETA movements in comparison to Omega, Tag Heuer,

I would agree with OP's assumption that Breitling only calibrates and decorates ebauches to COSC grade without replacing with (many) their own parts. To my naked eyes, I won't believe the movement is on the same level as I have seen in IWC's Mark XVI or similar.
    Last edited by fotoman; March 9th, 2011 at 19:12.

Re: How much does Breitling modify their ETA movements in comparison to Omega, Tag Heuer,

Quote Originally Posted by fotoman View Post
    I would agree with OP's assumption that Breitling only calibrates and decorates ebauches to COSC grade without replacing with (many) their own parts. The attached picture shows a 2893-2 movement inside a breitling. To my naked eyes, I won't believe the movement is on the same level as I have seen in IWC's Mark XVI or similar.Attachment 395256
    But COSC grade is COSC grade. That a particular Breitling looks great inside, but not as great (in your opinion) as an IWC, doesn't detract from the value or long-term use of the Breitling in any way. Nice photo by the way.

Excellent thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2