Dealing with customer service
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By onethumb
  • 1 Post By Makeitfromscratch

Thread: Dealing with customer service

Hi everyone---new to this site...read a lot but never posted until now.

I bought a Longines Master Collection Moonphase watch nearly two years ago. I love the watch, however I have had significant issues with it.

Every 3-4 months, the "day" function starts to stick---in other words, it only rotates half-way to the next day. Sometimes it will revert back to working again, but it will usually reoccur in a few days and eventually, it stops working altogether (ie--stops moving, even when manually adjusted). I wind the watch manually and wear it daily, so I know there is enough energy in the system to help it turn over at midnight. The winder is also *very* tight, despite my use of it regularly.

I have sent the watch for repair about 5 times under warranty, and the watch always comes back working fine for 2-4 months, then invariably the same problem comes up again.

It is back with Longines yet again, and I am nervous because the warranty will expire in June. To make matters worse, the store I bought it from is now closed, so I have very little leverage.

I really think that Longines should replace the watch. 5-6 times trying to fix the same problem says to me that something is wrong that cannot be fixed. I have been very patient with the issues, but I am running out of time (and patience!).

My question is this: how would you all deal with this? This is likely my last shot at getting a positive resolution, as the warranty expires soon. I've never had to deal with an issue like this before, but I thought someone here may have some experience/insights.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Dealing with customer service

"Replace", not gonna happen.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Have you called them to discuss a solution? I could see the movement being replaced not the watch, Since the case wear has no bearing on the issue. What does it say was done on each service tickets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by samanator; 3 Weeks Ago at 14:20.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    Have you called them to discuss a solution? I could see the movement being replaced not the watch, Since the case wear has no bearing on the issue. What does it say was done on each service tickets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The service tickets are severely lacking in information. It appears that they just repaired what was broken.

Once I know they have received the watch again (just shipped yesterday), I will call. I included a letter stating my experience and unhappiness with the watch, so hopefully that will help too.

Elevate the issue within Longines, even if you have to contact Switzerland. I'm assuming you have repair history of the watch. I'd include that history in one complete story and ask for an extension on the warranty. Since you've had it 2 years and it's been repaired 5 times, ask for an additional year on the warranty to make sure they fix it correctly this time.

I would follow up your letter with a phone call and talk to someone in person. Good luck!

I thought I'd give a quick update:

I sent a letter along with the watch, making a case that I expected the watch to be replaced. The dealer also called on my behalf. Longines agreed to fully replace the watch, with a new warranty card included!

A great outcome--I've purchased two watches from them, and I'll definitely buy another when it is time.

Great customer service!!
    b.watcher, rfortson and Vlciudoli like this.

That's great to hear. They will sell far more watches when word of this gets out, and it will. It also makes me happier since I've bought several of their pieces and they are stand up company. I always believed that they were and have never had a problem, but this is definitely a feather in their cap.
    b.watcher likes this.

Excellent! I agree that's the way to conduct business. Hopefully everything works out well for you.

Wow!
    1990 Roamer 200m diver, Quartz
    1991 Tag Heuer GMT quartz
    1998 Omega Seamaster SMP SOLD
    1999 Rolex Submariner date. The one.
    2007 Omega Planet Ocean XL on rubber, SOLD in 2016
    2010 Seiko Monster Black Seiko Monster Orange, Strela mechanical
    2011 Skyland Avenger Blacksteel SOLD Rolex Daytona stainless ( for three days...) Rolex Explorer 2 bought from a friend in 2011, SOLD back to the same guy in 2013!
    2012Rolex Explorer. Nice, understated watch for any occasion.
    2013Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal Limited Edition Omega SMP , 1999 model Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 2500D on bracelet
    2014Skagen ..why? Obris Morgan Predata, black as can be..Helberg CH6. Stainless with stainless bezel, SOLD Obris Morgan Predata, blasted finish Raven Deeptech, SOLD, Bombfrog SOLD
    2015 Steinhart Ocean Black. Unreliable.
    2016 Steinhart T500. Unreliable
    2017 Bulova Moonwatch, 2017. SOLD to a man in Estonia.Doxa 1200T Caribbean

Thread Information