WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Longines Legend Diver - Accuracy? And is it good??:)

9K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  LovecK 
#1 ·
Hi - I read in a review that the LLD was mechanically not that impressive...loss of accuracy quite high per day....Is this really true?? i really like this watch...it looks great..Is it great or is it just good but not accurate??
thanks,
Brett

#2 ·
It could be incredibly accurate, or barely within specs (assuming you are buying new). It's a Longines using an ETA movement, not some janky Chinese mystery movement. Any ETA movement should be reasonably accurate, and can be regulated to be very accurate if desired.

#3 ·
I have several modern Longines watches and both my Legend Divers are out by around 10-15 secs per day -consistently-. In fact, they are all out by that much and I haven't regulated them for fear of dust penetration which will show up clearly on a black dial. Since it is consistent, they could be regulated to be a lot more accurate but overall, these movements (and factory regulation) are far far inferior to Japanese movements like Orient in terms of accuracy (at least). I made a thread about it a while back, I regulated my Orient Multi-Eyes to 1.5 secs over 4 weeks. That is, it gained only 1.5s over 4 weeks with constant wearing. I seriously doubt you could get that sort of accuracy out of an ETA.

The LLD movement looks great and is my fav watch, but always expect 15-18s out per day with new modern watches. You get what you pay for, or in the case, may be not.

#6 · (Edited)
The 2824 is a elaboree grade and its accuracy is dependant on the regulation made in factory. For example I had another watch with a standard 2824 and in 1 week it is a bit more accurate then my HC with elaboree 2892. So it is all about fine tuning. All movements longines use are elaboree grades just like all non-modified movements brands like iwc, breitling, tag etc. use.

I dont think any brands use top grade ETAs except stowa (if you choose to pay more), mido and a few tissots (which has cosc ETAs). The vast majority of brands that are not entry level use elaboree ETAs.

#7 ·
I have a new LLD and was getting better than 1.5 sec a day when wearing. A day after not wearing and lying horizontal face up with just a dozen winds a day it slips to 7.5 sec a day off the wrist.

I was extremely impressed with the accuracy on the wrist.

Overall it's a stunning watch on the wrist and the accuracy I have seen in two weeks is very acceptable.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.