Longines movements (L619.2)

Thread: Longines movements (L619.2)

Longines movements (L619.2)

Hi all,

This is my first post, be kind.

I'm considering a Conquest Classic which is fairly new. I'm having a hard time finding information, but I think I did well. For sure I know that it has a slightly domed Crystal and considering the movement it has a modified 2892/A2 which Longines calls L619.2 with geneva stripes and perlage.

I know that the movement is nothing special but it's a step up from my other watches. I am trying to find out more.

So, is there anyone who can tell me what exactly it is Longines does to the movements to be called different?
    Furthermore, what (comparable) grade is the L619.2 in the Conquest Classic?
    And last, what is your experience with (modern) Longines accuracy?

Thank you for your time. If I come up with any of the answers I will post this.

Cheers,
    Ize

Re: Longines movements (L619.2)

Hi!

My Longines Spirit uses L619.2. The accuracy is -1 sec/ day. Very consistent.
    I asked Longines about the grade and they answered that all their L619.2 were elaborated grade.

P.S.: I don't believe Longines makes any modification to the movement. But I am not sure.

Regards,
    Hristo
    Last edited by shtora; January 8th, 2014 at 14:32.

Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

Longines currently uses ETA movements off the shelf. The only exception I'm aware off is the Column Wheel Chronograph movements which is exclusively made for them by ETA.
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

"Modified" is a mystic word around here, gets a lot of people excited over not very much.

heb

"modified" = personalized rotor. That's about it. heb

Thank you all for your thoughts! I am fully aware that there's not much done to the movements but I am curious how the movements get renamed. To my knowledge there aren't any other Swatch group brands who do this (Tissot, Certina, Hamilton). So as I understand they just order elabore movements and put another rotor on them?

Actually, I just checked Tissot's website and found out that they do indeed rename their movements as well. After some research I have personally found very few brands that make "actual" customizations to thei movements across the board. ETA (and probably other movement makers) offers a huge variety of customization choices off the shelf, this, however, does not mean that the brands themselves spend time, effort and research into improving the movements.

Little update.

I got the Conquest classic. Gorgeous watch and almost everything I expected. The split pins in the bracelet instead of screwed pins were a bit of a let down but not so much. The most amazing thing is it's accuracy! I got the watch thursday morning and I synced it to my atomic G-shock. Checked it everyday in the morning and evening and just today - four days later - it gained only about 0.5 second!!

Someone did a great job adjusting the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by izegrim View Post
    Little update.

I got the Conquest classic. Gorgeous watch and almost everything I expected. The split pins in the bracelet instead of screwed pins were a bit of a let down but not so much. The most amazing thing is it's accuracy! I got the watch thursday morning and I synced it to my atomic G-shock. Checked it everyday in the morning and evening and just today - four days later - it gained only about 0.5 second!!

Someone did a great job adjusting the movement.
    The ETA 2892-A2 is one of the best mechanical movements ever made. And it is mass produced. Great design and genius production.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information