WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Is this a Fake Orient Star? Why would they fake these?

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  nickyv 
#1 ·
Whilst looking through my online shopping site in Taiwan, I saw this watch: The model number is DE00003B.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

If I am not mistaken this retails for about 1000 USD in the States. This guy is asking for USD100! Has anyone come across people trying to Fake Orient Stars before?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Checking this low res image against the review on: Orient Star Retrograde - DE00002B | Yeoman's Watch Review It seems that on the back there is an additional "Japan" imprint and the Orient Star logo appears to be black rather than gold.

Thoughts anyone? This guy seems to deal in other fakes but I never realized that they would stoop to faking the Orient Stars so quickly?

I am not sure if I should provide the link to this or not, but If Orient wants it I will be happy to provide it to them. Scary, we should all beware when buying online I guess.

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks so much. It looks from the photo they provided that that it is the Japanese movement, but as already pointed out by Justintime38, the photos they provided probably do not represent the watch that I would receive. I was silly to make that assumption in the first place. Still, it does seem that someone is faking the Orient Stars, so it would pay for us all to be careful. I have seen many fakes from other brands on Amazon, especially Tissot. The sellers have no shame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.