WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

My new Orient King diver 1000

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  infinitipearl 
#1 ·
Hi there.

I'm new to this forum and don't consider myself a watch person. I don't really wear watches daily either. However, that may be about to change.

My Dad unexpectedly gave me his Orient Deluxe King Diver 1000m the other day...

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Bracelet Fashion accessory Jewellery Bangle Metal

Bandurria Plucked string instruments Guitar String instrument String instrument

I did some searching and every other King Diver 1000m I saw had a leather strap. When I asked my Dad about it, he said that he bought it new on a trip to Australia in the 1960's and that it's the original strap. It stretches to get over your hand and has a unique adjustment mechanism as seen in the picture above.

So my questions are:

1. Has anyone ever seen that strap before and could it be original to this watch as my dad suggests?
2. What's this watch worth? I'd like to know if I should be insuring it.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to getting more into watches.

BossHogg

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow. Really sweet watch and really cool story!

I don't know anything about the strap. But here's my take on insurance. It's probably worth well under $1k. I couldn't even begin to guess - maybe somewhere $200 - $500. That's just a guess and beside the point. I would personally pass on the insurance. The sentimental value of it far outweighs the monetary value. And insurance can't protect or replace that sentimental value.

Reactions: trf2271
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.