Orient Saturation Diver - Discontinued? - Page 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Orient Saturation Diver - Discontinued?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Orient Saturation Diver - Discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by amr ashraf View Post
    How is the bezel insert?
    Is it ceramic insert or coated black colour?
    Does it scratch easily?
    The bezel is anodized aluminum and does not scratch or fade at all. As mentioned, turning the bezel is tight. I actually popped off the bezel to see if it needed cleaning. Turns out there is a nice gasket inside the bezel... never seen that before. Under water the bezel turns much easier. Interestingly the crown is the easiest, smoothest turning/screwing crown in my collection... much better feel than my Grand Seiko and Rolex... even more impressive knowing Orient is known for its sub par crown action, frequently with a gritty screw response and frail feel.
    GTR83 likes this.
    Citizen Eco Drive Atomic Time AT4010-50E · Bulova UHF 96B230 Military · Gavox Aurora 446.1 · Grand Seiko GMT Hi-Beat SBGJ001 · Rolex GMT Master II 116710 BLNR · Orient Professional Saturation Diver

Quote Originally Posted by GUYGOLFER View Post
    Just leaving Bangkok and yesterday went to one of the major shopping malls
    They had a black and white dial in stock.asking price was 95000 baht which is something over £2000 so I didn't bother asking for a deal as I'm sure we would have been too far apart

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Just yesterday I came across some links to Japanese websites still selling black and white dial OSDs, but ranging in price from $1300-$1600, quite a bit more than when they were available in the US.
    Citizen Eco Drive Atomic Time AT4010-50E · Bulova UHF 96B230 Military · Gavox Aurora 446.1 · Grand Seiko GMT Hi-Beat SBGJ001 · Rolex GMT Master II 116710 BLNR · Orient Professional Saturation Diver

The bezel insert is ceramic coated metal (probably aluminum).

I have owned possibly every diver tool watch under $2.5K and the OS-300 white dial is one of my all-time favorites. I picked one up last week from another forum user in mint condition. The only thing that needs to be worked on is it is gaining +30 seconds every 24-hours which is annoying. I'll get it regulated shortly. Otherwise really liking this watch. I have it mounted on a Steinhart 5mm rubber strap on a Dievas deployant (sinn style) that I picked up a few years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

jarod99 likes this.

I'm going to be really unhappy if these are discontinued. I wonder what they would replace it with?

Quote Originally Posted by witz32 View Post
    The only thing that needs to be worked on is it is gaining +30 seconds every 24-hours which is annoying.
    If there is a weakness it is timekeeping... mine loses 20 spd... and had sent it back to Orient to be regulated... within a couple of months it was back to 10 spd slow and a few years later now back to -20spd. Now I typically set it 1 minute fast, wear it 3 days then put it back in my watch box for another month. Still love it though.

jarod99, GTR83 and anabuki like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tseg View Post
    The bezel is anodized aluminum and does not scratch or fade at all. As mentioned, turning the bezel is tight. I actually popped off the bezel to see if it needed cleaning. Turns out there is a nice gasket inside the bezel... never seen that before. Under water the bezel turns much easier. Interestingly the crown is the easiest, smoothest turning/screwing crown in my collection... much better feel than my Grand Seiko and Rolex... even more impressive knowing Orient is known for its sub par crown action, frequently with a gritty screw response and frail feel.
    The crown action on the Blue Beast, which has the exact same movement only positioned differently in the case, is nowhere near as convincing as the crown on the OSD. I love mine and will keep it forever. Looks great on a grey NATO.
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order Hidden Content )

Banned

Hi guys!!

Have you checked the new Orient Netuno 500m diver?

469SS073 P1SX - Black

469SS073 D1sx - Blue
    Click this bar to view the original image of 1018x764px.

Those models are exclusive to the Brazilian Market!!
    GTR83 likes this.

These have always been on the "must have" list. I'm curious to see if they have been discontinued.

Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Fabiano Forster View Post
    Hi guys!!

Have you checked the new Orient Netuno 500m diver?

469SS073 P1SX - Black

469SS073 D1sx - Blue
    Click this bar to view the original image of 1018x764px.

Those models are exclusive to the Brazilian Market!!
    Looks Invicta-ish, but could be a fun watch if the price is right. How much does it go for in Brazil? And I see that it is called Neptuno, basically another name for Poseidon. Does the Milanese style mesh bracelet take fat spring bars?
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order Hidden Content )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information