Orient Saturation Diver - Discontinued?
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Orient Saturation Diver - Discontinued?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Orient Saturation Diver - Discontinued?

Over the past year I noticed lessening availability of new black and white dial Orient Saturation Divers. Now a few months later both Long Island Watch and Creation Watches only have the red dial, not even listing black or white as out of stock. Orient USA only has the red in stock and the black and white have been listed as out-of-stock for nearly a year. Having owned my white dial OSD for a few years now I'm kind of excited about this development as this is an awesome robust diver. Beyond that, a Watch Recon search comes up with only 1 black dial OSD for sale, and that is in Europe, and no white dials. I suppose before too long prices will creep over the $10K mark for the white and black dials.

Last edited by Tseg; February 12th, 2017 at 05:22.
    GTR83 likes this.
    Citizen Eco Drive Atomic Time AT4010-50E · Bulova UHF 96B230 Military · Gavox Aurora 446.1 · Grand Seiko GMT Hi-Beat SBGJ001 · Rolex GMT Master II 116710 BLNR · Orient Professional Saturation Diver

Re: Orient Saturation Diver - Discontinued?

Keeping mine too! Indeed a robust diver.
    GTR83 likes this.

Orient still show the white dial on their site so it looks like it's still made. It could be Orient slow restocking coming out to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tseg View Post
    Over the past year I noticed lessening availability of new black and white dial Orient Saturation Divers. Now a few months later both Long Island Watch and Creation Watches only have the red dial, not even listing black or white as out of stock. Orient USA only has the red in stock and the black and white have been listed as out-of-stock for nearly a year. Having owned my white dial OSD for a few years now I'm kind of excited about this development as this is an awesome robust diver. Beyond that, a Watch Recon search comes up with only 1 black dial OSD for sale, and that is in Europe, and no white dials. I suppose before too long prices will creep over the $10K mark for the white and black dials.

How is the bezel insert?
    Is it ceramic insert or coated black colour?
    Does it scratch easily?

I wear my OSD daily for the past 4 years and so far the only visible scratches are on the titanium clasp. None on the bezel. I think the bezel insert is painted SS, no ceramic or other fancy materials there.

Quote Originally Posted by GTR83 View Post
    I wear my OSD daily for the past 4 years and so far the only visible scratches are on the titanium clasp. None on the bezel. I think the bezel insert is painted SS, no ceramic or other fancy materials there.
    Since you are wearing this watch for a few time
    Hiw do you rate it
    What is the pros and cons?
    How is the accuracy of the movement? Is it +/- 20 secs per day?
    How is the crown action?
    Do you feel any wobble in the bezel?
    How is the bezel clicks,are they strong crisp clicks or soft clicks like most seikos?

In my opinion the OEM bracelet is not ideal, it leaves the watch head top-heavy. An Engineer bracelet solves that problem. Mine tends to lose > 8SPD but under 20 SPD. My bezel moves smooth under water but is a little tight when dry. I removed it once to see if cleaning was needed... it was not, but there is actually a rubber gasket inside the bezel. The sound is like crisp ball-bearing clicks. At one point early on I dropped my watch and it land on the bezel, it may be slightly out of round. Definitely no wobble/play in the bezel. The crown is awesome and smooth, infinitely better than the lesser Orients. The sapphire crystal is something else, something like 5mm thick... tapping it feels like tapping on bullet-proof glass. The bezel insert seems like aluminum, but does not scratch easily, very robust. It feels like a tank on the wrist... which is awesome.

GTR83, timseren and anabuki like this.
    Citizen Eco Drive Atomic Time AT4010-50E · Bulova UHF 96B230 Military · Gavox Aurora 446.1 · Grand Seiko GMT Hi-Beat SBGJ001 · Rolex GMT Master II 116710 BLNR · Orient Professional Saturation Diver

I would rate it a 9/10 as a package. I don't really bother with accuracy in a mechanical watch since I have a G-Shock for precise timing down to the seconds and I can always set both to atomic time sources (I know, that makes me sound like a casual, but that's because I am one). Crown and bezel action are solid, they are easily on par with the MM300. I'm not saying that they are exact equivalents since there are some things the MM300 does better, for instance it is much easier to dress up the MM300 while the OSD is simply too big and in-your-face to be dressed up, and the MM300 wears better for smaller wrists. The bezel of the OSD is still tight after 3 years and the clicks are reassuringly firm instead of like on some Seikos where the bezel clicks can feel cheap. My favorite thing about the watch is the power reserve even though some say they hate it for cluttering the dial. Also the bezel markers are recessed so they can be quite the dust magnet, but nothing a toothbrush can't fix.

Contacted Marc at Island watch to check if he could get me another Black Sat Diver and he mentioned the rumors might just be true! He has not received a Black Sat Diver in over a year!

"the only Saturation diver we've gotten in recent times is the red dial. Haven't had the black in over a year, so I think the rumor is probably true.

Thanks,
    Marc Frankel, Owner"

Just leaving Bangkok and yesterday went to one of the major shopping malls
    They had a black and white dial in stock.asking price was 95000 baht which is something over £2000 so I didn't bother asking for a deal as I'm sure we would have been too far apart

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information