Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Orient Star Vintage Skeleton Limited Edition for release 27 July 2013 WZ0011DX WZ0021DX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kew

Orient Star Vintage Skeleton Limited Edition for release 27 July 2013 WZ0011DX WZ0021DX

(Google Translation)
    Representative brand Orient Star that appeared in 1951. Worthy of brand name that thought of "shining star" was put, I am proud of popularity by a refined design and reliable technology that history support. To celebrate the global expansion of our brand, authentic hand-wound skeleton model has appeared in each of the 500 limited edition. Homegrown movement peeping out from the dial are those assembled one by one by the hand of the craftsman who was an expert. Crystal of excellent technologies, are reflected in the design full of warmth and grace. It is a model full of special feeling revived the gold movement to be separated by 20 years skeleton was released in 1992 from "Monbiju". I have engraved serial number on the back cover

Limited edition model to commemorate the full-scale global deployment of Orient Star appeared
    "Orient Star Vintage Skeleton LE" saleI was equipped with a hand-wound movement that combine the technologies of Orient WatchFull skeleton hand-wound model to let you feel

the warmth of the unique mechanical
    (: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, President: Jiro Miyagawa, capital: Head Office 1.9 billion 3,700 million) Orient Watch Co., Ltd. "Orient Star Vintage Skeleton LE " (price type 1 2 Item: 189,000 yen, 168,000 yen [ will be released across the country from July 27, 2013, the tax]).

At the same time as the establishment of 1950 was born the theme of "shining star", "Orient Star" is the orthodox school mechanical watch. Function since its inception, has been loved by people of many genuine, simple design and not to depend on the trend of the times is the popular series.

To be released this time "Orient Star Vintage Skeleton LE " is a skeleton hand-wound model of 1,000 limited edition to commemorate the full-scale global deployment of Orient Star.

The finish to model full feeling in particular by adopting the Orient Star logo cursive revive the movement of gold to be separated by '20 skeleton model, which was launched in 1992 in Japan from "MON BIJOU", was used in the 1950s directly below. Skeleton model that employs a homegrown movement of gold, you feel a feeling of luxury and style that combines technical excellence of craftsmanship, graceful design, excellent quality, the warmth of mechanical only.
    finish in a contemporary design, and creates sense of quality, case edge edgy and thinner, I feel the style a leather band crocodile and movement of gold.
    Power reserve of 50 hours or more will be able to feel the pleasure that you can not only see the drive time, winding the watch hand-wound clock only. It becomes the specifications that is provided with a second hand stop device further, incorporating the technology of the highest quality, both in performance.

- Commercial product overview is needed -
    [Product name]
    Orient Star Vintage Skeleton LE

[Release Date]
    July 27 2013

Region [Release]
    Whole country

[No. / Case color / dial / price]
    WZ0011DX / Gold / Champagne Gold / 189,000 yen (tax included)
    WZ0021DX / Silver / Ivory / 168,000 yen (tax included)

[Product Specifications]
    Hand-wound
    22 stone
    Second hand stop device with
    Power reserve indicator
    Case: Gold plated color (5μ) + stainless steel
    Stainless steel
    10.4mm thickness length 45.0mm / horizontal 39.0mm /: size
    Glass: Table spherical sapphire glass (anti-reflective coating)
    Back crystal glass (see-through back)
    Serial number
    Band: matte crocodile leather
    Tablets and
    Waterproof 5 atm
    One anti-magnetic
    Drive time: (when winding up) more than 50 hours
    +25 -15 Day difference second - second: static accuracy
    Last edited by kew; April 5th, 2013 at 13:23.
    Nathan

Re: Orient Star Vintage Skeleton Limited Edition for release 27 July 2013 WZ0011DX WZ0021DX

Looks like a million bucks. Thanks for sharing. Orient has been releasing a lot of new models lately... Surely a sign that they've stepped up as a company.

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 2
    daniel9399 likes this.

kew

Re: Orient Star Vintage Skeleton Limited Edition for release 27 July 2013 WZ0011DX WZ0021DX

I wonder if Orient plan to release all models of the Orient Star worldwide? Japanese doesn't translate well but it seems to say that....

"To be released this time "Orient Star Vintage Skeleton LE " is a skeleton hand-wound model of 1,000 limited edition to commemorate the full-scale global deployment of Orient Star."
    Nathan

Yeah, sounds like this model will be part of the World Stage collection. If so then the international version should be cheaper so more people can have access to these excellent pieces.

I dont know about this one - it seems that hands are hard to see so telling time will be a challenge IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Krosya View Post
    I dont know about this one - it seems that hands are hard to see so telling time will be a challenge IMO.
    To be fair, that is always the case with skeleton watches. From what I have seen, it is almost always difficult to read the time at a glance.

WZ0011DX / Gold / Champagne Gold / 189,000 yen (tax included)
    WZ0021DX / Silver / Ivory / 168,000 yen (tax included)

it's expensive lol

Beautiful watches thanks for sharing Nathan

I sort of lost my interest in skeleton watches awhile back, but his is certainly a beauty AND and Orient! Being a limited edition I'm sure they will sell well and for the those my find the LE too pricey the SDX00001W and SDX00002W models are available here in the States. Back in 2010 I got the Orient LE 60th anniversary (gold plated) hand wind, which has a very classic look to it. Wish I had got the stainless steel one at the same time.

Looks like Orient is going the same way with the WZ0011DX WZ0021DX as the 60th. Gold plated or stainless steel and leather strap.

kew

I noticed it is on the global website now http://www.orient-watch.com/press_release/20130405.pdf

Last edited by kew; April 6th, 2013 at 03:12.
    Nathan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information