WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What Orient You Wearing Today

2M views 13K replies 2K participants last post by  Russ1965 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I would start something I have not seen done here, what Orient are you wearing today...........b-)

XL on a Gray NATO.

Attachments

See less See more
#3,997 ·
Well... I went in to look at the Star retrograde and that Royal was sitting in its own case for 200k Yen as I was trying on the Star. So I figured why not try it. There was no way I could buy the Star after that point and not have buyers remorse. The markers, bracelet and the case shine and reflect light which is not properly reflected in the photos. The minute and second hands are part brushed and part polished and look like the edge of a razor blade. It's about 10 seconds fast in 36 hours. I understand it has the same movement as the Star but tighter regulated. It is a low beat and not noticeable as smooth as the Seiko Brightz which I also picked up (but the finish is 1000 times nicer). And FYI the Brightz SDGC031 is also running 10 seconds fast in the same time period. The bracelet links are screwed in. Not sure what else to say. Any questions? Here are some photos.

#3,999 ·
Also worth mentioning that I looked at Grand Seikos also. For any amount of money these Royal Orients "looked and felt" nicer and you get the retrograde. I'm not saying they "are" better or more prestigious or anything but for 200k yen they are certainly better and I'm not sure that if money wasn't an issue I would have bought a Grand Seiko instead. They just were a bit underwhelming compared to the Royal... And I already have an omega aqua terra and explorer II so maybe those are too similar in appearance to a standard Grand Seiko. Just my opinions...

#4,005 ·

Michael

#4,008 ·
I have not been a huge fan of Orient as a person who has never worn one or owned one than I found a few deals and I am more than happy. Never know till you own one I guess! Although the bracelets suck so I put my Fune on a HR leather strap.
*I purchased the Orient Mako XL orange bezel as well but flipped it into an Xmas gift for brother in law.

Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory